logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tsioukas  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 1:36:27 AM(UTC)
tsioukas

Groups: Registered
Man
Greece

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Can you add function to change the position of Multiview Layer (zoom, x/y/z, crop) with API?

SetPanX/SetPanY/SetZoom changes only Main Position and there no option to set rotate and crop.

Thank you
Joeboe  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 2:51:07 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I am not sure what you mean, but if my thinking is correct, Try this...create a couple,or make a virtual Input of the multi view you have, and then Layers/Multiview, adjust each to what you need, and use the "Merge" transition, to get the effect I think you are trying to archive .....hope I have put you on the right track, as I m not at my PC to test it....
thanks 1 user thanked Joeboe for this useful post.
tsioukas on 3/17/2022(UTC)
doggy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 3:38:03 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tsioukas Go to Quoted Post
Can you add function to change the position of Multiview Layer (zoom, x/y/z, crop) with API?

SetPanX/SetPanY/SetZoom changes only Main Position and there no option to set rotate and crop.

Thank you

Guess this would belong in the "feature requests"
tsioukas  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 3:43:59 AM(UTC)
tsioukas

Man
Greece

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
I am not sure what you mean, but if my thinking is correct, Try this...create a couple,or make a virtual Input of the multi view you have, and then Layers/Multiview, adjust each to what you need, and use the "Merge" transition, to get the effect I think you are trying to archive .....hope I have put you on the right track, as I m not at my PC to test it....

It’s a solution but its extremely complex and heavy. I must use hundreds of layers to work with that in my template.

I developed a software that manage the streaming of a conference (shots, multiview’s, names based on schedule, lower thirds, outputs, and many other) and I need to find an easy and quick solution to change my template.

I design new templates on Photoshop and because vMix doesn’t use x, y (left / top) position pixel format the placement of “windows” in my Multiview is very complex. For example, I have an input that I place 4 cameras behind my graphics that I designed on Photoshop. If my client need’s different design, I must calculate it all from scratch.

I detect the math type to convert the top-left anchor position to vMix pan x/y (it’s little complex because pan value depends by video resolution, crop, zoom and many other variables). Currently I use excel to make this conversion but I have to copy x,y from photoshop to add it on excel and after that to edit each input position to copy that on vMix.

I need to develop a software that I just put only x,y, width, height and automatically change my vMix template.

Thank you for your suggestion and your time it’s a good trick for small projects but I don’t think that it will work normally in my project.

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Guess this would belong in the "feature requests"

Maybe, but I don't know if I miss something from "Shortcut Function Reference" in vMix Guide.
doggy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 3:53:46 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)

I design new templates on Photoshop and because vMix doesn’t use x, y (left / top) position pixel format the placement of “windows” in my Multiview is very complex. For example, I have an input that I place 4 cameras behind my graphics that I designed on Photoshop. If my client need’s different design, I must calculate it all from scratch.

I detect the math type to convert the top-left anchor position to vMix pan x/y (it’s little complex because pan value depends by video resolution, crop, zoom and many other variables). Currently I use excel to make this conversion but I have to copy x,y from photoshop to add it on excel and after that to edit each input position to copy that on vMix.

I need to develop a software that I just put only x,y, width, height and automatically change my vMix template.

From what i understand it is not an on the fly change but while preppinga production to the clients wishes
Maybe a differen line of thinking could give a solution , like for example by editing a preset file or even the config file before loading it into your production.( the layer position details)
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
tsioukas on 3/17/2022(UTC)
tsioukas  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 4:07:04 AM(UTC)
tsioukas

Man
Greece

From what i understand it is not an on the fly change but while preppinga production to the clients wishes
Maybe a differen line of thinking could give a solution , like for example by editing a preset file or even the config file before loading it into your production.( the layer position details)

Yes, another approach it to edit xml of vMix project file (.vmix) directly, but there is always the risk to damage it and cause random crashes. It’s more difficult and I lose the benefit to see the effect of position change directly into vMix. But this feature maybe will be useful for on-the-fly changes in future.

Thank you again.
tntno  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2022 2:20:12 AM(UTC)
tntno

Czech Republic

Yes, another approach it to edit xml of vMix project file (.vmix) directly, but there is always the risk to damage it and cause random crashes. It’s more difficult and I lose the benefit to see the effect of position change directly into vMix. But this feature maybe will be useful for on-the-fly changes in future.

Thank you again.

I have one workaround...
- create image sequence of background in aftereffects in position 1 and also in position 2. and than just change image link of background "image" to first image in sequence...

Im missing loads of options from AVIDs Realtime... but its usable... :))