logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Code4Sale  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:43:54 AM(UTC)
Code4Sale

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Again, it would be nice if you folks put some versioning numbers on your website (and a note if anything changed) for VMix DesktopCapture.

This would minimize the amount of work that is required of a VMix customer.

I did notice the version numbers exist in the Windows version (and changed) however, a binary compare of the OSX versions says not a single byte changed.

Is this a case that nothing changed in the OSX version, or did your website folks just get it wrong again?

Why not compile a new version with each release, and mark it well, so there is no room for confusion?

And no, the official change list is not a trust-able source for this information. Even if it was, I should not have to do investigative work to find out.

Simply put, if you put as much time into making this easy for your customers, as I have put in reporting the issue, it would be solved. Multiply the man hours, wasted by customers, and put a price on it.

BTW, "Check for updates on start up" is still busted, requiring all of your customers to take time out to repeatedly check your website. Multiply the man hours, wasted by customers, and put a price on that too.

Is that feature really that difficult to make work? I know that it is not.

Why not remove this option until some future time when you can get it right? It just aggravates me.

Thanks,

Joe

doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:51:19 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Quote:
BTW, "Check for updates on start up" is still busted, requiring all of your customers to take time out to repeatedly check your website.

euh it's been working for me with no problem (v14.xxxx) nice & subtle in green @ bottom left
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
Code4Sale on 10/9/2014(UTC)
Code4Sale  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:14:11 AM(UTC)
Code4Sale

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
doggy wrote:
Quote:
BTW, "Check for updates on start up" is still busted, requiring all of your customers to take time out to repeatedly check your website.

euh it's been working for me with no problem (v14.xxxx) nice & subtle in green @ bottom left

Much Thanks!

In all my complain'in about it, I dont think anyone ever actually helped me out.

Thats usefull info!

It's not very loud, but now I at least know where to look.

You won't find any excuses here. I will proudly stand corrected in the matter.

Thanks again,

Joe