logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sebrame  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 2:01:09 AM(UTC)
sebrame

Groups: Registered
Man

I'm doing a very simple setup in May, one camera on a single trainer giving a presentation with PowerPoint slides mixed in. The client wants to send it out to remote viewers via their Microsoft Teams account. The new addition to Teams to accept 'vMix Video' directly is wonderful, but that seems to work only when vMix and Teams are running on the same computer. We'd much rather have them separated because I'm not a 'Teams guru', but they have one who will be at the desk with me, and sharing a mouse and keyboard isn't fun.

So, here's what I've set up so far -

2 laptops side by side, one vMix, the other Microsoft Teams. They are both connected to an Ethernet switch on the desk, enabling them to see each other, and the Internet connection will feed into this switch as well. I'm able to feed Microsoft Teams the Output from vMix via NDI easily, except that there's no audio. vMix shows a good audio signal both in and out, but somehow it's getting lost in the NDI signal over to the Teams laptop. When I test it out on the same laptop using 'vMix Video' as my source in Teams, the audio is present.
sebrame  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2022 7:18:22 AM(UTC)
sebrame

Man

One avenue I'm considering is that there's a bit of incompatibility between the version of NDI that vMix uses, and the latest version of NDI Tools that is running on the Teams machine(5.1.1.1). Is there a way to see which NDI version the current version of vMix(25) is using?
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2022 8:14:06 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
"new addition to Teams to accept 'vMix Video' directly"

What is that?
sebrame  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2022 8:29:11 AM(UTC)
sebrame

Man

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
"new addition to Teams to accept 'vMix Video' directly"

What is that?

If Microsoft Teams and vMix are running on the same computer, 'vMix Video' will show as a source in Teams.
richardgatarski  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2022 8:37:42 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
So, I guess you are using NDI Webcam, with audio setting enabled, on the Teams machine. Make sure Teams uses the correct "Microphone", that is, Line NewTek NDI Audio.

And, of course, that you are sending correct audio on vMix to the OUTx that you pick up in NDI Webcam.
sebrame  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2022 8:55:10 AM(UTC)
sebrame

Man

Correct, NDI Webcam is running on the Teams PC. Here are my settings...

teams settings.jpg (50kb) downloaded 1 time(s). vmix outputs.jpg (90kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
mavik  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2022 4:35:21 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Teams will see the vmix video as well but that has no audio. The NDI approach is the best solution.
Teams to vmix can be NDI as well if enabled in Teams.
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
sebrame on 3/16/2022(UTC)
Beneetehz  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2022 4:25:31 AM(UTC)
Beneetehz

United States

For caller return feeds, we have a channel on our Decklink card set to the external renderer and we have it carrying Program Video and Audio Bus A. Bus A only carries audio from video clips. We then take that SDI output from our decklink card and send it to a Magewell SDI capture card. In Teams, we set the call to be

Speaker - Headset
Mic - Magewell
Camera - Magewell
Noise Suppression - Low

Now they get a program feed that never has to be muted and will playback their video clips so they get to watch with the audience via Teams. NDI is neat, but just not ready to trust it on our noisey corp network. Teams NDI makes me nervous enough, but we have to use it as many of our guests are behind their own corporate security and will almost always block VMix Call.
djones02  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2022 8:26:42 AM(UTC)
djones02

Canada

I use Teams + Vmix + NDI all the time.

Try to avoid running Teams and Vmix on the same PC. It uses a ton of CPU and could crash your computer.
This caused my CPU to jump to 100% and stay there on an older computer.
The new i9 with rtx3080 graphics works much better.

The other issue with Teams and Vmix on the same PC is, Teams will use AEC (Auto echo cancellation) to cancel any sound coming out and routed back to an input. So you will get silence.
There is now a way to disable this.
Go into Team settings> Devices turn off noise suppression and enable "High fidelity music mode".
You can now uncheck "enable echo cancellation"

The final thing is in NDI webcam settings to change the incoming audio to +20dB. Automatic may work for you as well.