logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
omo  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2022 8:14:50 PM(UTC)
omo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
only A/B output channels are small. when use 8 cam.
In situations where there is an independent replay operator other than the cutter, more output channels are required.
For example, there are many uses for loading audience reactions into C and D channels in advance. (so that the cutter can write it right away)

Please increase the output channel!
Radiotvpat1982  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 2:16:32 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Just buy a second license and second machine.

Replay in VMIX is basically an afterthought. I would argue there are a number of other typical replay features that would be more useful first. Like importing clips directly into your replay system or being able to add custom wipes/effects between clips.

If you said a 3 Play, Dreamcatcher or EVS needed more outputs they would immediately transfer you to a sells rep to order you another machine. It pretty rare that even devoted replay machines have more than two outputs.

I think Ross Mirra can handle 3 outputs but you lose an input doing that. Its also 50 times more expensive than VMIX and only has 8 in/out channel and not 10 like VMIX.
thanks 2 users thanked Radiotvpat1982 for this useful post.
omo on 3/16/2022(UTC), lyco on 5/5/2023(UTC)
omo  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2022 9:27:39 PM(UTC)
omo

Originally Posted by: Radiotvpat1982 Go to Quoted Post

Replay in VMIX is basically an afterthought. I would argue there are a number of other typical replay features that would be more useful first. Like importing clips directly into your replay system or being able to add custom wipes/effects between clips.

If you said a 3 Play, Dreamcatcher or EVS needed more outputs they would immediately transfer you to a sells rep to order you another machine. It pretty rare that even devoted replay machines have more than two outputs.

I think Ross Mirra can handle 3 outputs but you lose an input doing that. Its also 50 times more expensive than VMIX and only has 8 in/out channel and not 10 like VMIX.

Thank you for your article.
I thought the software-based vmix would make it easier to increase the output channels. That will be a big competitive edge for vmix.
Rather than purchasing a vmix license, the time cost of moving and setting up multiple PCs to the relay site is a big burden. thank you.
Christoffer Ainek  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2023 2:28:46 AM(UTC)
Christoffer Ainek

Sweden

Originally Posted by: Radiotvpat1982 Go to Quoted Post

This is exactly why it would be very interesting to see what vMix could do in this area.

I'd be very tempted to replace expensive EVS-systems with vMix Replay. Even as an afterthought the replay has better features in some areas than the outrageously priced EVS.

If vMix decided to give the replay functionality a bit more customization options and more inputs and outputs they could easily sell a version of vMix featuring ONLY replay and charge twice the price of the current vMix license, and it would still be dirt cheap compared to what the competition charges. It's an amazingly powerful feature and with a few tweaks it could quickly become a major disruptor in this segment in the industry.

Radiotvpat1982  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2023 10:41:52 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I have suggested for years now they create an expanded replay only system.

There are several gotchas though when using VMIX replay. One of the biggest ones is unlike regular standlone replay systems, they dont allow you to import something (like a front or back end transition) to the Replay UI. Yes, you can upload to the VMIX UI but then you are bouncing around between both.

I feel you would also need a separate Cliplist and playlist mode. Each input should also have indiviual audio assignments for recording as well.

In general VMIX replay is great as part of an all in one system or for very standard replay stuff. It's just not yet an option for replacing one of the major systems.

For the price, its still a great option when on a budget or starting out small.