logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StudiovMix1  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2022 1:58:46 AM(UTC)
StudiovMix1

Groups: Registered

I am doing a show that has one host in studio, and 3 remote callers. We bring the studio host in via SDI as an input, and then each of the 3 callers uses vMix Call to join.

I'm routing each of the vMix Calls to an output, and then recording the outputs to create iso records of each guest.

The problem I'm having is these outputs are all dropping thousands of frames. It's happened twice in two weeks now. And it's always the same amount of frames. All calls lose the frames together, and it always ends with those recordings being at 27.74, not 29.94.

The switched recording, and the multicorder record of the studio are both completely fine. It's only the vMix calls routed to outputs in the multicorder that end up dropping frames.

Any ideas? Its so odd to me how consistent the issue is, and how they're all happening together. I'm stumped - this has never happened to me before when routing a call to an output.
theRealNumenProd  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2022 11:45:33 PM(UTC)
theRealNumenProd

United States

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm also looking for best practices to ISO record vMix calls. Recording them directly in MultiCorder gives me (sometimes) hundreds of files I have to stitch together (understandable that that will fluctuate based on vMix call's connection/quality). But routing them thru outputs, vMix's official workaround, yields wonky frame rates PLUS uses all of my outputs (if I have 3 callers) so I no longer have an aux send to return feed the callers (for instance, I typically want to aux send all three callers a clean 4 shot instead of PGM).

I haven't tested routing the calls thru NDI and back again, possibly sending out an external render via SDI and return, or setting up a second vMix machine to only handle the callers, but curious to know if you found a solid solution(?)

Also curious to know why no vMix peeps have yet to respond here or introduce this as a new feature. Surely other people have a need to ISO record vMix calls.
mavik  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2022 1:49:33 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
I would just ask if you have tried a NDI approach. If you enable the NDI output for each input you should have all calers via NDI. Medialooks has a DirectTake software that is capable of recording 4 NDI feeds.