logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
J86  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 5:15:22 PM(UTC)
J86

Groups: Registered
Singapore

Hi i would like to seek some understanding how vmix work.

Senerio

I have set a short cut to play a video A in mix 2 and have set a trigger within video A to switch to cam feed to mix 2 once finished playing. (on Completion, Fade , Cam, Duration 500, Delay 0, Mix 2).

Problem

Once video A finished playing in mix 2 it does not auto send cam feed to mix 2.

But when i play video A in mix 1 (Output), then the trigger will auto send cam feed to mix 2 upon completion

Question

Does trigger only responds when playing videos in Output instead of Mini mixer?
RichDanby  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 9:16:37 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Yes triggers only respond on the main output - and only when the input is directly on output. i.e. if Video A was playing on Mix2 and Mix2 was on output then the trigger still wouldn't get triggered.

I can't see this mentioned in the manual but it will be related to the 'auto triggers' like 'Automatically Play with Transition' not functioning with Mix Inputs
See notes at the end of https://www.vmix.com/help25/Mix.html and https://www.vmix.com/help25/Triggers.html

I haven't looked to see if there is a feature request to add this. I can see being able to select a Mix for the Trigger events - like you select of the functions - would be useful. So instead of having (on Completion, Fade , Cam, Duration 500, Delay 0, Mix 2) you could specify (on Completion, Mix 2, Fade , Cam, Duration 500, Delay 0, Mix 2)