logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
greggibson  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2022 12:40:22 AM(UTC)
greggibson

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
The Zoom SDK has been overhauled making a lot of meeting data available to third party developers. This now includes things like meeting chat, Q&A and other functions as well like raw video and audio feeds.

It seems like a natural progression that the Zoom chat and Q&A should be integrated into vMix Social.

Please give this your +1.

Greg Gibson
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 5:33:31 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Greg, what would be your use case for this?
greggibson  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 12:19:52 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
Greg, what would be your use case for this?

Have you used vMix Social? It aggregates comments from the live chat on YouTube,Facebook, Twitch and Twitter onto single web page. Comments and Questions gathered there can be sent to screen via lower thirds or set aside in a queue for later use.

It's quite a nice tool that would be even more powerful and useful if the Zoom chat/Q&A were integrated as well.

greg
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 2:29:25 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Yes, I have used vMix Social - which is really nice. I asked about use case for two reasons.

First, Martin often mentions in vMix's Fun Time Live Shows that well described use cases help them evaluate the feature requests. (Unfortunately that is not specifically stated in this Forums guidelines, but it includes "along with discussion on how the features should best be implemented.)

Second, I suspect integrating Zoom's interaction capabilities in vMix Social would be rather complex, if even possible. As you mention there is a chat and a Q&A function, but they differ in functionality. Would you like to get the questions - or the answers in vMix Social? Furthermore, not all content from these functions are available to all participants in a meeting, or a webinar. Would vMix log in as guest, panellist, co-host, etc. Many more questions arise as one thinks beyond "it would be nice" ;)

Personally I know a ton of other unimplemented feature requests that I think are more important. Some of these are my own, including the seemingly not-at-all popular https://forums.vmix.com/...-editing-for-vMix-Social (that's life, haha!)

atb,
/richard
greggibson  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 3:11:21 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
Yes, I have used vMix Social - which is really nice. I asked about use case for two reasons.

First, Martin often mentions in vMix's Fun Time Live Shows that well described use cases help them evaluate the feature requests. (Unfortunately that is not specifically stated in this Forums guidelines, but it includes "along with discussion on how the features should best be implemented.)

Second, I suspect integrating Zoom's interaction capabilities in vMix Social would be rather complex, if even possible. As you mention there is a chat and a Q&A function, but they differ in functionality. Would you like to get the questions - or the answers in vMix Social? Furthermore, not all content from these functions are available to all participants in a meeting, or a webinar. Would vMix log in as guest, panellist, co-host, etc. Many more questions arise as one thinks beyond "it would be nice" ;)

Personally I know a ton of other unimplemented feature requests that I think are more important. Some of these are my own, including the seemingly not-at-all popular https://forums.vmix.com/...-editing-for-vMix-Social (that's life, haha!)

atb,
/richard

I appreciate your thoughts and clarifications. I am pretty certain Martin and anyone at vMix would have through understanding of what the use case is. The use case is to utilize both comments and questions from a Zoom meeting into lower thirds the same way we do now with Facebook, YouTube, Twitch and Twitter.

It is absolutely possible and It isn't complicated to pull chat and Q&A from Zoom, particularly with the updated SDK. It can be done now through OSC or custom coded apps. I use a custom app built in Isadora that uses OSC to bridge both Zoom Chat and Q&A between two Zoom meetings. This is useful when we are staging our talent outside of the audience meeting and pushing packaged content back in. So the audience chat and their questions from their meeting show up in the chat in a different meeting containing the talent.

It would work much better if it was integrated into vMix Social so it's right there aggregated along with the other Social tools. Then we could broadcast those questions and comments in a lower third back to the audience. That's the benefit.

To me, this is a no-brainer but everyone always thinks their requests are most important. There are 1000s of requests in this forum that will never be implemented, but this is one that is both reasonable and feasible.

You're over complicating it by trying to determine what vMix should login is as. It should use whatever means is necessary within the SDK to achieve the goal. The tools are there for those willing to take advantage of them.

greg
Bonbondotkom  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2023 5:45:22 AM(UTC)
Bonbondotkom

Philippines

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: greggibson Go to Quoted Post
The Zoom SDK has been overhauled making a lot of meeting data available to third party developers. This now includes things like meeting chat, Q&A and other functions as well like raw video and audio feeds.

It seems like a natural progression that the Zoom chat and Q&A should be integrated into vMix Social.

Greg Gibson

+1

use case: a lot of virtual events/meetings/classes are done using Zoom, and i usually use desktop capture to get chat window into vMix and color key it so the chat messages can be overlayed. but it would be useful if vmix social can support Zoom chat for virtual meetings that use Zoom like church virtual gatherings or online classes
mavik  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2023 10:42:20 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
+1
In general there are two left overs from the pandemic. Zoom and MS Teams. I see the majority of corporate clients using Teams. They have and SDK as well. So if, I would opt for both, Zoom and Teams.
Bonbondotkom  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2023 6:38:09 PM(UTC)
Bonbondotkom

Philippines

Originally Posted by: greggibson Go to Quoted Post

Greg Gibson

Hi Greg, try this browser extension, it will get the job done when using Zoom in web browser, join zoom using browser via url pwa.zoom.us/wc
go to this post by sunkast :
https://forums.vmix.com/...-Meeting-Chat#post109678
Bonbondotkom  
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2023 2:54:26 AM(UTC)
Bonbondotkom

Philippines

they're finally adding Zoom in vMix Social in vMix27!