logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DigitalBarista  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 4:47:19 PM(UTC)
DigitalBarista

Groups: Registered
Australia

I have set up a "Competitors List" Title with 12 available spots. I have this mapped to a Google sheet data source that is programatically filtered for different categories.

Some categories may have 8 competitors, and others may only have 4. I have statically mapped the title values to a particular row for each spot. It works great and loads the data as expected, however when I change the list to a category with fewer competitors in the list,

the previous data for positions 5-8 still remains.

Is there any suggestions with code how I can clear that pre-existing text values in the title when there are fewer competitors than the previous category? I'm pretty new to scripting and looking for some guidance.

Cheers
Darren
MartLeib  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 5:12:22 PM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
In sheets, after the 8th competitor, add row that has just "x" in all the columns. This should force vMix to load entire table. The problem you are facing is due to the fact, that vMix loads only rows until there is data, since your table ends at row 5 for example, rest of the empty rows are not loaded. After you add x-es after 8th row, vMix is forced to read data until that row.
DigitalBarista  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 6:57:07 PM(UTC)
DigitalBarista

Australia

Thanks MartLeib

The problem is that the google sheet data is written dynamically each time - I have established a workaround in the interim by writing a web scripting function SetText to add a space to each field which visually clears the title then just reload the title.