logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Obsession Studios  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2022 10:58:43 AM(UTC)
Obsession Studios

Groups: Registered
United States

Does advanced vmix call have the ability to share the screen, audio, and video simultaneously? If not, I’d love that feature. I have had several use cases with virtual presenters where I’ve had to send 2 different links and/or passwords in order to accomplish this. I’d love to see separate inputs for the screen share and video feed so I can overlay as I see fit. Is this possible today or is this something you can add?
engelschall  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 3:47:31 AM(UTC)
engelschall

Germany

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I strongly second this feature request: the ability for callers to send both a camera and a screen-sharing video stream in parallel is really essential in practice.

Why? Well, one can send out two links and request the callers to open each one in an own browser tab and in one tab use the camera and microphone and in the second tab disable the video and microphone and instead share the screen... BUT: (1) non-technical callers regularly complain to us that this approach is too "complex" for them (at least there is no real user acceptance for it for whatever reasons a technology-aware person cannot understand anyway), (2) the return feed (the program of vMix) is sent out and received twice (although it would be sufficient to do just once), etc.

Also, all other usable remote caller ingest solutions like Zoom/Zoom-Bride, Teams/NDI, Jitsi/OBS. VDO.Ninja/OBS and RemoteLive.io already support sending the camera and screen video streams in parallel!

My suggestion is: add to advanced.vmixcall.com the possibility to add two vMix Call tokens/ids in the URL and use the second URL for the screen-sharing stream from within the same Web UI when screen-sharing is enabled instead of replacing the camera stream.
thanks 1 user thanked engelschall for this useful post.
ksrvpvl on 11/13/2022(UTC)
engelschall  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2022 10:24:49 PM(UTC)
engelschall

Germany

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 17 post(s)
As vMix Call, even in vMix 25, still does not allow parallel camera and content sharing, I've now used the swiss army knifes VDO.Ninja & OBS Studio to the rescue and as a vMix Call substitute. The result I named "VDON Call". Read more about this in https://forums.vmix.com/...reen-sharing-is-required and find the solution as Open Source at https://github.com/rse/vdon-call
RichShumaker  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2022 10:30:23 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I thought Advanced vMix call had the ability to share the desktop and set the audio source.
So Camera + Audio or Desktop + Audio.
If you want to send multiple streams like 2 videos I am not sure how you could do that on a single pipe?
I made a joke about interlacing the stream but seriously could the bandwidth somehow split between two things?

Honestly though you have individual inputs for Camera, NDI, Photo how would using vMix call change this?

Or am I misunderstanding this feature request?

EDIT - I figured out where this idea comes from. I forgot that there is a Stream Recording Box that sends Presentations and Video with Audio all at the same time. Very famous company and I am mad I forget the product name.
mavik  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2022 11:30:41 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
With xsplit presenter you can do the mix of content on the presenter computer and send the output (virtual webcam) as a source for the vmixcall. This reduces the bandwidth to a normal budget and gives the presenter all the freedom. Another option would be NDI 5 and it's remote capabilities. That would need some advanced users as well.