logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rinaldo  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2022 12:50:47 AM(UTC)
rinaldo

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi, can someone suggest me how to ingest 2/3 commentators in vMix?

System must allow commentators to hear each other and even the possibility to hear the video contributions (recorded interviews) from vMix.
Headsets have XLR on the mic side and 6,5mm jack plug.

How it works?

Thanks in advance
AudioGreg  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2022 2:12:55 AM(UTC)
AudioGreg

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
lots of ways to do this, but here's the basics as I would do it

mix your commentator mics on the main bus of an external mixer, feed the mix of mics into vMix. create another mix inside of vmix on an audio bus that includes all vMix sounds except the commentator mic input, this is what is known as a mix-minus. send this mix-minus back out to external mixer. use an aux bus on the external mixer to combine the commentator mics with the mix-minus from vMix, making sure the mix-minus is not included in the main mix out to go back into vMix (echo/feedback city). Send this aux mix into the commentator headphones. This will allow the commentators to hear each other in real time (no delay) along with the other sounds from vMix.

as far as how you hook all of this up...any external mixer works as long as it has a main bus and at least one aux bus. plug the mics directly into this mixer. use something like a Focusrite Scarlet to get the mixer main bus into the computer/vMix, and also vMix mix-minus back out to another mixer input. You'll need some kind of headphone amp(s) to boost the mixer aux out (line level) into enough volume to feed headphones, and to give each commentator a personal volume control. There are many one input>multi output headphone amps like the Rolls HA43.
cookdoeyl  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 1:34:06 AM(UTC)
cookdoeyl

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I use Studio Technologies Model 204 Dante talkboxes and Dante Virtual Soundcard. I add both talkboxes as inputs within vMix, then route each return as a Bus (PxP - Bus A, Color - Bus B, Interview - Bus C, etc.).
rinaldo  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2022 12:15:36 AM(UTC)
rinaldo

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cookdoeyl Go to Quoted Post
I use Studio Technologies Model 204 Dante talkboxes and Dante Virtual Soundcard. I add both talkboxes as inputs within vMix, then route each return as a Bus (PxP - Bus A, Color - Bus B, Interview - Bus C, etc.).

That's sounds nice! Are the 204 Model getting power from PoE? If so, how?

On vMix side you just paid a Dante Virtual Soundcard software that runs on the same machine?

Thanks
cookdoeyl  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2022 4:02:17 AM(UTC)
cookdoeyl

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Sorry, didn't see your reply until now.

Yes, the 204's are powered PoE. and Yes, DVS is installed on the same machine and running as an ASIO sound device.

Since the time of this post, I have also added a 234 as a producer station. Routed the talkback buttons to the station, but also put a pre-fade mix from vMix into one of it's channels.