logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kristoph  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 9:42:32 PM(UTC)
Kristoph

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Currently you can only select the 8 channel (4x stereo) audio output for record and external to be MABC.

Would be extremely useful to either allow the selection of other bus groups e.g. DEFG or select any 4 stereo busses e.g. CDFG.

Thanks
Kris.
Kristoph  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2022 6:40:40 PM(UTC)
Kristoph

United Kingdom

This a possibility for future @admin??
OlivierC  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2023 8:41:35 AM(UTC)
OlivierC

Man
France

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

I second that idea. it would be a great enhancment to be able to use DEFG instead of MABC to output 4 stereo channels.
Sometimes I need to stream conferences with multiple languages (1 video stream and 8 languages) so I want to stream Output 1 with MABC and Output 2 with DEFG.

Thanks
thanks 1 user thanked OlivierC for this useful post.
LevyKroiss on 12/6/2023(UTC)
RichDanby  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2023 10:41:06 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I'd like something similar so will add it here as this is the nearest existing feature request I could find.

You can currently output pairs of buses MA or FG but you can't choose BC or DE. That would be a useful addition (as would flexible bus assignment)

I'm moving from one vMix instance to splitting the load of over two - a cut machine dealing with camera inputs and a production machine taking in 4 NDI outputs from the cut machine and adding graphics, video playout etc.

The cut machine's four outputs will be following different action each and I use a script to fade audio between cameras as they are cut, which takes up two audio busses for each output. (when camera 1 is live on output 4 its audio will go to bus F, when the next camera is cut to it's audio is enabled to bus G, Bus F & G are crossfaded over a short period, then camera 1 is disabled on bus F ready for the next cut which will use that bus. The reason for doing the crossfade on busses, rather than the individual input volumes is this allows camera 1 to be faded out on output 1 but still be at full volume on output 2 etc)

I could send all 8 channels with each NDI output from the cut machine, and then select the right channels on the inputs of the production machine, but I'd also like to use replay on the cut machine (recording the four outputs) and for that it wouldn't be possible to get the correct audio for events on some outputs.

Adding BC and DE audio output options would solve that.

I accept this is probably quite a niche request, but also hope it isn't a complicate change to implement.

Thank you.
thanks 1 user thanked RichDanby for this useful post.
LevyKroiss on 12/6/2023(UTC)
LevyKroiss  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2023 2:27:58 AM(UTC)
LevyKroiss

Brazil

Hi Guys,

I built a system where I'm using External 1 output with MABC audio and External 2 output with FG audio only.

However, the ideal configuration would be External 1 output with MABC and External 2 output with DEFG audio.

I am looking for a solution to make the system work in accordance with this.

Is there a plan in the Roadmap to be added this feature into vMix?

I believe the ability to choose any audio configuration (MABC, DEFG, BC, DE, etc) will help lot of users and will fix many operatinal issues as well.

Looking forward to hearing comments and thoughts about that.

Tks,
Kristoph  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2023 2:31:53 AM(UTC)
Kristoph

United Kingdom

Anyone from admin jump in on this please??