logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VideoE  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 5:25:44 PM(UTC)
VideoE

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm using a Decklink Duo v.1(SDI Card) so one card with 2 pairs of SDI's, one Output and one Input per 'Device'. No connector mapping in the software, Ins and Outs are fixed. I set 'Device1' input as a Camera In, working fine and the'Device2' the output as the external renderer. But it only outputs the input from Device1, like a loop thru. I cannot get program out from VMix even though it is set that way in the VMix settings.

Even the older Decklink duo sent and received two different signals simultaneously or am I wrong? It should be able to send a camera input into the VMix computer AND receive the Program out from VMIx and send it out to an external system, both at the same time?
SpaceAge  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2022 1:56:05 AM(UTC)
SpaceAge

United States

Originally Posted by: VideoE Go to Quoted Post
I'm using a Decklink Duo v.1(SDI Card) so one card with 2 pairs of SDI's, one Output and one Input per 'Device'. No connector mapping in the software, Ins and Outs are fixed. I set 'Device1' input as a Camera In, working fine and the'Device2' the output as the external renderer. But it only outputs the input from Device1, like a loop thru. I cannot get program out from VMix even though it is set that way in the VMix settings.

Even the older Decklink duo sent and received two different signals simultaneously or am I wrong? It should be able to send a camera input into the VMix computer AND receive the Program out from VMIx and send it out to an external system, both at the same time?

Yes, I can do this with my card. Check with the BMD software to ensure it is setup correctly. I have had the software reset on me between reboots so that the configuration is trying to send out an incorrect format for vMix (and other software).
VideoE  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2022 4:11:28 AM(UTC)
VideoE

United States

Thanks SpaceAge. The final solution was that I was counting SDI connectors backwards(being as they are not labeled) and got it to work. Felt like an idiot but so it goes.