logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PaulProe  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 7:41:26 AM(UTC)
PaulProe

Groups: Registered
United States

We are using vMix and some decent audio/video equipment to feed a Worship service to Zoom for remote participants.

We are using vMix to combine two USB video sources (1-webcam, 1-PTZ HuddlecamHD) and two sound sources (L-8 Audio board and M-Audio box) All feed into a higher-end laptop with GPU. That signal is fed to Zoom for transmission into the inner-webs.

When we first set the system up, we dialed in an 80ms delay in the two audio feeds to match sound and audio. All was well.

Over the past few weeks, we began to see the delay become a moving target, the worst being today when we finally got the image and audio to sync using a 525ms delay.

In my mind, the change and very long delay is the sign of something going on internally but I don't know where to begin to look. Hardware hasn't changed. Windows10 is current. Settings are essentially the same. No plug-ins in vMix

Can someone help me to understand where the delay comes from and how to begin to troubleshoot it? Very confusing to control sound mix to internal and external members when there's a 1/2 second sound delay.

Thanks

Paul
ask  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 12:02:12 PM(UTC)
ask

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
From the above it seems that all inputs are coming in via USB. Start there. As for changes, even if the hardware is the same, since you set things up there will have been a lot of changes to the O/S and drivers. My initial guess is that you have a lot of updates waiting to happen on your machine. Try letting the updates happen. Also update the drivers for your interfaces. Then try taking a line output from your mixer and bypass the usb interface straight to the Soundboard mic input of your PC...... or go from the soundboard into a camera and then into vMix....