logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joel H  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 1:26:14 PM(UTC)
Joel H

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hey everyone, I've been scouting the forums for an answer to this so I hope I'm not making a new post for something old.

I have an input in Vmix that has 8 channels of audio. I'm glad that works, it's very impressive. I'm just curious if it's possible to extract those channels from that single input into multiple Mono inputs without using literally all my busses.
I'm able to easily route each channel to the L/R of each bus A-G, but that is kind of limiting. Firstly there are only 7 Buses so I can't even extract all the channels. Secondly, if I ever get into trying out 16 channel embedded inputs I wanted to know if there was a workaround for it.
I understand that in the audio settings for that input there is a channel mixer, That's technically what I need without going all the way into the settings of the input.
I also found out there is a Mono channel mode for inputs, which when activated, gives you two faders to mix mono from a stereo input - That's cool, but not what I need for this situation. I also noticed this setting isn't available in Buses.

If this is possible I can monitor audio from the main screen of Vmix without needing to dig into settings. I also can affect the mono inputs just like every other input with shortcuts, scripts and VST plugins, which compared to controlling the same thing in the Channel mixer is more limiting. I can also have all my buses for other situations.

I hope this makes sense, I can explain more if needed.

Cheers,
Joel H.
WaltG12  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 7:01:54 PM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Joel H Go to Quoted Post
I understand that in the audio settings for that input there is a channel mixer

What you'd want to use is the Channel Matrix, rather than the Mixer.

But, if I'm understanding you correctly, it probably still won't get you where you want to be.

If you're willing to combine some of the channels, it might work for your needs, but otherwise you're running into a limit of the number & nature of the Buses.
thanks 1 user thanked WaltG12 for this useful post.
Joel H on 2/4/2022(UTC)
Joel H  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 10:47:42 AM(UTC)
Joel H

Australia

Hey Walt,

Yeah, I am aware of the input channel mixer, its the fact that id love to use those channels just like any other audio channel. As a completely independent input.
That way I can independently mix in the mixer, add VST plugins, and otherwise have more control for each channel with shortcuts, and 3rd party controls. It would also make it easier to send specific channels to a certain output.

I know with hardware i can use some SDI>Audio Mini Converters from Blackmagic. I just wanted to see if I could do it through software first.

Thank you for replying! I wonder if anyone else has an idea on how to handle this.

Cheers.