logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Aqdas  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 8:45:38 AM(UTC)
Aqdas

Groups: Registered
Norway

Hello. I just bought a Mevo Start camera. I send stream from camera to vmix using wifi and NDI. I have tried all the settings, but the quality is still very poor. Specially when zoomed in. It is blurry. Internett is not an issue. I have 200mb upload and download speed. It shows poor quality preview also. What am I doing wrong? Vmix is also set to 1080 and 30fps. Is there any fix?
mgrayeb  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 11:55:48 AM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The Mevo Start only has a digital zoom, not an optical zoom. Thus, you are only magnifying the existing image when you Zoom in on what you're capturing, and the image becomes softer. Also, when using WiFi, the connection is subject to interferance and interuptions.

I have a Mevo Start that I use with the hardwired (ethernet) Mevo NDI adapter, using an ethernet cable that is connected to a network switch. My laptop and other cameras are also connected by ethernet cable to the same network switch (and same subnet). The Mevo Start has worked reliably well for me (but I generally don't use the digital zoom with it).

sinc747  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 1:50:08 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aqdas Go to Quoted Post
Hello. I just bought a Mevo Start camera. I send stream from camera to vmix using wifi and NDI. I have tried all the settings, but the quality is still very poor. Specially when zoomed in. It is blurry. Internett is not an issue. I have 200mb upload and download speed. It shows poor quality preview also. What am I doing wrong? Vmix is also set to 1080 and 30fps. Is there any fix?

Alas, your super fast internet speed has nothing to do with the speed of your WiFi. And it's the WiFi that your camera is using to transport the video. How fast is your WiFi? Can you hardwire the camera via Ethernet?

Hope this helps.

- Tom

Aqdas  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 7:36:51 PM(UTC)
Aqdas

Norway

Originally Posted by: mgrayeb Go to Quoted Post
The Mevo Start only has a digital zoom, not an optical zoom. Thus, you are only magnifying the existing image when you Zoom in on what you're capturing, and the image becomes softer. Also, when using WiFi, the connection is subject to interferance and interuptions.

I have a Mevo Start that I use with the hardwired (ethernet) Mevo NDI adapter, using an ethernet cable that is connected to a network switch. My laptop and other cameras are also connected by ethernet cable to the same network switch (and same subnet). The Mevo Start has worked reliably well for me (but I generally don't use the digital zoom with it).

So basically I have to just set the camera as cmose as possible to the person instead of zooming in? It happens when I zoom it in vmix also. Same result.
Aqdas  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 7:40:46 PM(UTC)
Aqdas

Norway

Originally Posted by: sinc747 Go to Quoted Post

Alas, your super fast internet speed has nothing to do with the speed of your WiFi. And it's the WiFi that your camera is using to transport the video. How fast is your WiFi? Can you hardwire the camera via Ethernet?

Hope this helps.

- Tom

Wifi is 1gb. Both camera and pc is connected to the same wifi. I used a hdmi cable before on my other camera. I bought this to get rid of extra cables. So if I hardwire then the purpose of buying Mevo is gone. The distance between camera and pc is 20m.
mgrayeb  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 10:05:04 AM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

So basically I have to just set the camera as cmose as possible to the person instead of zooming in? It happens when I zoom it in vmix also. Same result.

Yes, that's correct. The more you Zoom in with the Mevo Start (whether in vMix or not), the softer the image will get.
Aqdas  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 8:25:33 PM(UTC)
Aqdas

Norway

Yes, that's correct. The more you Zoom in with the Mevo Start (whether in vMix or not), the softer the image will get.

Thanks. I’ll test it and see how it goes.
renpro  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 11:25:27 PM(UTC)
renpro

Man
United States

I have Google Fiber 1G/1G up and down and normally have excellent streaming performance with wired 1394 connected devices.

We purchased 2 MEVO Start for use in our small chapel to stream bible study on Wednesdays. I remote to my wired vMix streaming system about 25 feet away for all the needed resources. When live streaming to YouTube I get a yellow button on streaming and viewers complain about buffering. The MEVO's are set to NDI Wifi. I have enGenius Access Points 867mbps up/down. I can only achieve about 200mbps upload. Here is what I noticed experimenting:

1. Recordings with the MEVO equipment are good even when bits are dropped streaming.
2. I use the MEVO equipment in our larger sanctuary on Sundays as added cameras to cover audience scans. When I switch views from our wired 1394 devices to a MEVO camera I get yellow button on streaming until I change views. The video quality is great but I have had a few user noticing buffering. This only occurs with one IPO, Specturm.

3. Prior to my MEVO cameras I used Android Tablets (v10) set to 1080p via NDI with NO buffering issues.

I'm perplexed. Any ideas???

I heard from MEVO regarding my streaming challenges with their product and vMix. They support a few tips the best was reduce resolution of the camera to 720p. I did this and streaming drops stopped all together.

Cameras are working as intended.

David Rentie, Kansas City