logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 8:48:22 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi all,
yesteday i made a succesful livestream, among other through the excellent livestreaming service of doyouseeme.net with less than 1 second latency on the stream back !!! extremely happy with that and vital for interactive meetings with voting and social media interaction.

but as it goes with livestreaming last minutes changes always require a lot of attention, so things may change. to keep an overview of things it is very important to have visuel feedback, of settings and of the streaming and recording. although i can monitor output on screen and on the monitor with the livestream, i have no visual feedback of the recorded media.

it would be extremely nice to be able to switch the output monitor to either output or recording, or to have some recording output monitor in the view.

yesterday i set the overlay nr 3 to not record on media, but because of last minute changes i reloaded a prepared preset without this set. so thinking it was not recording the live ticker it did record. a simple recording preview would have prevented this and made me aware the setting was ticked on instead of off.

in addition or alternatively it would be handy to have a critical settings list view, maybe in the ipad wireless view where you can make an essential settings overview. since vmix has so many options, it is hard to keep an oberview, but during livestreamifng one second feedback overviews of vital settings are very important.

cheers stefan
admin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 9:28:38 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Stefan,

There is a cog icon on the title bar of the output preview in vMix where you can select Recording from the list if it is recording something different.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
h2video.nl  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 5:35:12 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
that's a vmix 14 feature? just installed and uptil now alls working great...

thanks, just what i needed.
stefan