logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TVisual  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 7:30:03 AM(UTC)
TVisual

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello Everyone,

Would really like some feedback on a system I am looking to but together for my work. We current have a Tricaster Mini HDMI that failed on the last broadcast, so we are looking for a more reliable, as well redundant new system. From looking around at what technology is out there, this is what I came up with. In theory, this system allows us to run vMix as the master system, while sending a program out to the BMD studio (which also has all other sources connected), and both programs are sent to two separate encoders. If program A fails, we can quickly switch to the BMD switcher on encoder B with out much delay. Our platform that we stream to allows for an A and B stream already, so now we can utilize this. I am also looking to include Dante Audio into the system if it makes sense, with more than half our workforce remote vMix Call looks like a good option for full remote or hybrid productions. In a demo I saw online, someone sent out all the vMix call to the audio mixer then back to vMix for the master mix. I like this option since we will have a team member dedicated to audio mix. If anyone has time to take a look to confirm my connection theory is correct, I would appreciate the time and any advice. Thank you
TVisual  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 7:31:44 AM(UTC)
TVisual

United States

LiveStream Grid2.jpg (1,165kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Originally Posted by: TVisual Go to Quoted Post
Hello Everyone,

Would really like some feedback on a system I am looking to but together for my work. We current have a Tricaster Mini HDMI that failed on the last broadcast, so we are looking for a more reliable, as well redundant new system. From looking around at what technology is out there, this is what I came up with. In theory, this system allows us to run vMix as the master system, while sending a program out to the BMD studio (which also has all other sources connected), and both programs are sent to two separate encoders. If program A fails, we can quickly switch to the BMD switcher on encoder B with out much delay. Our platform that we stream to allows for an A and B stream already, so now we can utilize this. I am also looking to include Dante Audio into the system if it makes sense, with more than half our workforce remote vMix Call looks like a good option for full remote or hybrid productions. In a demo I saw online, someone sent out all the vMix call to the audio mixer then back to vMix for the master mix. I like this option since we will have a team member dedicated to audio mix. If anyone has time to take a look to confirm my connection theory is correct, I would appreciate the time and any advice. Thank you

xaver  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 10:01:49 PM(UTC)
xaver

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 32 post(s)
for SDI Distribution, I would prefer a Smart Videohub 12x12 or 20x20 (40x40)