logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ibwalkn  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2022 5:25:38 AM(UTC)
ibwalkn

Groups: Registered
United States

We have had an ongoing issue with vMIX and a Decklink Duo 2 card on our Dell PC. The output starts out okay but then gets distorted, is this a known issue and if so, what's the fix. The Dell is an gaming PC as it was the only way to get a decent video board. I saw on another topic that a person got Dell to replace their Dell Alienware motherboard but that was 2 years ago. This PC is about 1 year old and has constantly had the problem.

Another related issue is the PC can not send video out a Decklink Duo 2 port after rebooting but if rebooted, it works. That to me appears to be a timing issue on power up and booting. Since the PC is already powered on when rebooting, it seems to work but still will on it's own start distorting the audio.

Thanks for any help.
Gyapi  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2022 2:59:42 AM(UTC)
Gyapi

Hi!

Unfortunately, we have been struggling with a similar problem for the last few months.
So far, we’ve only experienced it with the Decklink Duo card, but yesterday
the BM UltraStudio Recorder 3G has encountered a problem.

The sample here:

?t=94

Time: 1:34

In all cases, Thunderbolt 3 is the input.
In each case, there were 2 video inputs on the computer. (USB device for Ultrastudio).

Where is the mistake? Windows 10 - 11?
Blackmaegic driver?
Vmix?
ibwalkn  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2022 6:47:15 AM(UTC)
ibwalkn

United States

Several months ago, I opened tickets with Blackmagic and vMIX. Both pointed at the other vendor for the problem. That doesn't resolve anything. I will try a single port Blackmagic card from another PC and see if it does the same thing. If it's only with the Duo 2, it'l be a workaround as we only have one output for our application.
Peter1000  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2022 5:22:51 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Just out of interest, I went to the Blackmagic forum to see if there were any known issues like this. They are not. We use DUO2 cards almost exclusively without problems in over 20 systems. I'm guessing that the DUO2 card is the most sold SDI card in the world, and if the combination of vMix and DUO2 had problems, it would probably become known very quickly. (Like a bug with fully saturated colors a few years ago).
Unfortunately it is not known if you have multiple cards or computers and so can rule out a defective card or other problems.
Change the card and slot and see if the error persists. Change the PC and see if the error persists. IMPORTANT: Make sure that the card is sufficiently cooled. Do not install other cards right next to it.