logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tk421  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 4:37:52 PM(UTC)
tk421

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've written a small program to view/control multiple vmix lists from one window.

The code is here: https://github.com/dlamon1/listotron/

There is an exe here: https://github.com/dlamon1/listotron/releases

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

listotron screenshot.png (71kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
thanks 4 users thanked tk421 for this useful post.
Joeboe on 1/24/2022(UTC), doggy on 1/24/2022(UTC), nikosman88 on 1/25/2022(UTC), stevespaw on 2/4/2022(UTC)
Joeboe  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 9:42:25 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
This is nice, .. have not tried it yet, but I have Panel Builder, and I have done similar in that program, keeping everything in one window....these apps make vMix so pleasant to work with...

In Panel Builder, I made 3 windows for files, but there is an option to gave them grouped so that the same buttons can control all three windows by just the window, making it as only one window, but I can toggle the windows to show just the one I am working from....

Thanks for your thinking
doggy  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 10:21:01 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
The great thing about vMix , making Feature Requests possible using small apps, scripting etc :-)
Joeboe  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 7:58:40 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

This is how it looks on my layout

The buttons 1,2,3, are the 3 playerlists I have, and I just select the list I need using the buttons, and I see the list of files in each player....plus, the top window shows the name of the player or list ( payer 1, player 2, etc., or whatever I name that list)so I only have one window open at a time, and I toggle between the list....it is simple, easy and takes up very little real estate on my desktop....

On the Audio side, one volume slider to control the volume ...I just select the player that is playing, and only that list will be controlled at a time...

This is just a simple layout I have on a laptop, but I have a much larger setup on my desktop.....I place this over the Preview window, as I do not use it since I use a large monitor, so I place it there so it is always available to use...actually, it is all I use when I am using vMix....transitions, overlays, inputs everything is controlled by Panel Builder...with a 2 monitor setup, I place PB on one monitor by itself and that's it....

I know you are wondering what the 2 other player-like windows are for....they are used for title overlays, and for church, scripture passages, or hymns...and they also have multi-lists as well, so I toggle between those lists, using only that set of controls for each list....simple and sweet...

Here is how I use it with a single monitor

doggy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 9:22:05 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JAIRODJ Go to Quoted Post
there is also this control option for videolist

Nice utility but not what the OP was about : "to view/control multiple vmix lists from one window."

Would have been nicer/more polite if this was a separate post instead .

Oh right you did allready so hacking this thread was an extra plug
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
stevespaw on 2/4/2022(UTC)
Joeboe  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 12:24:22 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I would not use that utility with vmix, it is limited to just play lists....Panel Builder can do everything that vMix has, via their API....if you look at my pics, you will see how I have my layouts....everything in one app.....multi-player, for video clips, multi player for titles, and in my case, I have 2 title playlists, one for scripture texts, and one for the lower thirds, and can toggle between the 3 players as in my case, and the multi texts, I have camera inputs, Outputs, transitions, and on another page I have a full audio mixer with db gain buttons, mute, bus select buttons, and all I was thinking of when I was making the template....
Oh, the button with the flag...that is a direct cut to play the National Anthem, and I have it set up to mute all other audios, actually, I have it set to be solo, so if I had something happening and was asked to pay the National anthem, I just punch that, and all other players, overlays, everything is stopped and only the anthem plays......I love PB...the best thing that came out to work with vMix, that is my opinion, so don't beat me up...

Anyone who wants a copy of my template with icons, can PM me......