logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RichShumaker  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 3:11:45 PM(UTC)
RichShumaker

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I just found out one thing, while researching another, which led to a question about vMix.

I found out the new 3070ti & 3080ti GPU laptops come out February 2022.

I am excited because the cost of the 3070ti laptops is starting at $1499 and the 3080ti at $2499.

It was pointed out to me these laptop GPU's are not as powerful as the desktop equivalent and have various version based on power usage. I started digging to find more details on the specs, which aren't out yet and that led to something interesting.

I found out that these are the first consumer GPU's that can "control" CPU's. No real ideas what that means so I dug more.

That led me to this article about CPU tasks being able to be offloaded on server GPU's and these new consumer GPU's to the GSP for faster speed more efficiency and reduced CPU load.
Here is the article I found.
https://www.tomshardware...m-processor-introduction

Now my question, does this help us with vMix and is it a game changer as Resizable Bar was?
Which is funny because Resizeable Bar is the whole reason I am looking at 3000 series GPU's.
Oh and I have to thank Crypto for driving me to another laptop for vMix which started this whole thing. Otherwise I would have just bought a graphics card, built a new PC, and been done with it.