logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WaltG12  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 11:07:22 PM(UTC)
WaltG12

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
We can currently select from a choice of transition buttons to appear between the Preview & Output windows and use Settings to select which other elements occupy the same space.

I think it would be helpful to be able to use shortcuts and activators to define our own buttons, similar to the "Show in Web Controller" shortcut option, but for the UI dashboard.

I also think it'd be cool if we could leverage triggers/activators to have those user-defined buttons to change colors to reflect the state of whatever element it's programmed to reflect.

That way, I could not only have clickable buttons handy to achieve certain ends beyond transitions, but also have the states of things available at a quick glance, right at my eyeline, no scrolling or searching required.

This could be useful for things like:

-When a vMix Call connects, a button turns green. When it disconnects, the button returns to its normal color.

-You have a button that mutes an input or bus. When it's muted (whether by clicking that button or otherwise), the button turns red. When it's unmuted, it's the normal color.

And, of course, just shortcuts in general. Anything a shortcut could do, you could have a button for, front-and-center.

You could then switch between buttons & elements in the same way you do now.

It'd allow those (like me) who don't use all (or any) of the transition buttons or other elements to take full advantage of that space by incorporating elements that have already been designed, built, and programmed & need to merely be expanded upon.
Papo  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2022 7:33:07 AM(UTC)
Papo

Groups: Registered
Peru

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1
hahaha sorry, it made me laugh, but I think your suggestion is good, I had not thought about it