logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SeanEmer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2022 6:11:08 AM(UTC)
SeanEmer

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Right now our vMix studio uses a Skaarhoj Air-Fly. The buttons are rubbery and cruddy, with unreliable tactile feedback when pushing them. I'd love to swap out to something with the more 'standard' control surface design of ATEMs, Grass Valley, etc. but obviously with the compact form you'd expect for a vMix show. Basically I'd love to plug the ATEM 1ME into vMix and get going. I've seen the Skaarhoj Master Key One, which looks promising. My only trepidation is that I've had issues before with our Skaarhoj controllers losing connection with our vMix machines, even when no network settings/conditions change. I'm not sure if that'd still be an issue with other controllers though, since as far as I know they all function through the Web API, so maybe I'm not dodging any networking bullets at all by using one brand vs another.

Does anyone have a control panel that they love? There was one made a while back that had the right buttons and layout, but it's been discontinued.
AudioGreg  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2022 1:13:29 PM(UTC)
AudioGreg

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I use the 2 panels that TYST makes, the 12 input TY-1500HD, and the 24 input "4M/E" panel. Fairly solid and a lot closer in button feel to the ATEM panel than the Air Fly you described. Both are MIDI controllers that connect via USB - not much to go wrong there. I've only had the 24 input panel for a few months, the 12 inputs panels I've run for over 18 months with no issues at all. Took me a while to build the config file out to the way I like it.

Another route that would probably work if you already have the ATEM panel is Central Control. I believe it can bridge the gap between the ATEM panel and vMix. I have all of that, but never put it together so take that idea with a grain of salt.

I used a brand new Master Key One device recently. Seems like it was defective out of the box, several of us spent many hours trying to get it going but it never connected to our switcher. Seemed like a really nice panel too bad it didn't work, esp considering its price tag.
SpaceAge  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2022 12:13:45 PM(UTC)
SpaceAge

United States

Originally Posted by: AudioGreg Go to Quoted Post
I use the 2 panels that TYST makes, the 12 input TY-1500HD, and the 24 input "4M/E" panel...

How many inputs are you feeding into your vMix system and what are you using as inputs?