logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ward@wardcameron.com  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 3:47:32 AM(UTC)
ward@wardcameron.com

Groups: Registered
Canada

I use a Stream Deck XL for most of my daily work and streaming. Over time, I've set up a number of shortcuts using vMix. Today though, as I try to add shortcuts, vMix doesn't recognize it when I try to create additional shortcuts. I get the message "if you would like to use a MIDI controller, click here to enable it first". When I click it, the Stream Deck doesn't show ups.

Oddly though, all the shortcuts previously created with the stream deck continue to work without issue so it is recognizing the midi inputs and executing the commands.
I'm on a Win 11 Pro system, however, all the existing commands were created on this system so it WAS recognizing the stream deck as a midi controller. I realize that Win 11 isn't officially supported yet, but these shortcuts were created in vMix using Win 11.
Stream Deck not visible as Midi in vMix.png (62kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You can see in this image that the shortcuts window has many stream deck shortcuts, but when I try to create a new one, it doesn't recognize the device.

I've checked that the firmware and stream deck software is up to date (v5.1.4.14753).I'm running vMix 24.0.0.72 x64 on a Dell system with an RTX 3060 Ti, 32 gb RAM and an Intel 11th gen Core i7-11700 CPU.

I appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2022 10:37:37 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ ward@wardcameron.com

Can you verify if the Stream Deck was connected before or after launching vMix?
(typically, it needs to be connected first, then launch vMix)

Ice
ward@wardcameron.com  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2022 3:13:53 AM(UTC)
ward@wardcameron.com

Canada

Update: Solved - Operator Error. Thanks IceStream for taking the time to reply. My problem was that I was just clicking stream deck buttons to try to assign an shortcut and vMix couldn't see them. What I wasn't doing, was first setting the button as a vMix button. Once I did this critical step, vMix was able to see my key press.

Setting Stream Deck up for vMix Shortcuts.png (111kb) downloaded 0 time(s).