logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
g-mo  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2022 10:12:58 AM(UTC)
g-mo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I don't think I can accomplish what I need with Web Scripting so I'm calling for help from those proficient in VB.

Basically, I need to trigger an overlay channel when a value is present in a column in a Data Source spreadsheet. I originally thought I could do this by adding an image sequence to my GT Title and using the DataChangeIn and Out animations but it is only working with .text layers and not the .source layer that the image sequence creates. Even if this did work I still wouldn't be able to use different text in the spreadsheet to trigger different overlay channels like I'm imaging is possible with VB. I've attached a sample spreadsheet for reference. The column in question is G. Thanks in advance for any help.

Spreadsheet

doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2022 7:41:31 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Where is the supposedly attached image gone ?

GT Ondatachange is indeed a change in a text field. that being said the Ondatachange can activate any other element in your title. The title can not check on the value or content of that data. so works for "a value"
Different text fields can trigger their own animations (image sequence) , again it does not check on the value or content of the data, just that it changes in value or content.
Animations include hiding and showing title elements so technicaly no need to trigger the overlay aspect .

One can use pages instead too for different animations.(different image sequences)

if selection has to be based on the text value , then a script can read that and fill the "trigger" textblock ( a datachange) or page to activate the specified animation after making a decision based on the value ( one (check) textbox for checking the value , other per animation for the script to send to as ondatachange trigger for the animation , first option or page selection function based on the (check) textbox value)
g-mo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2022 5:06:13 AM(UTC)
g-mo

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
The image is at https://bit.ly/3EMH2o2 if its not showing