logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bar807  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 1:22:54 AM(UTC)
bar807

Groups: Registered

Guys,

Would anyone please help building a countdown timer with GT Title Designer and a script to use in vMix for Pool Matches as per below specs:

- 2 Digits
- Starting value 60 seconds (value to be configurable by editing the script)
- Warns at 30 seconds (to be able to mute this and value to be configurable by editing the script)
- changes color when reaches 5 seconds (value and colors to be configurable by editing the script)
- beeps every second at last 5 seconds (to be able to mute this)
- buzzez when reaches zero
- goes to Output when reached 5 seconds
- shortcut button to reset back to starting value
- shortcut button to pause/resume
- Shortcut button for extension (20 seconds extension when triggered via shortcut button) - (extension value to be configurable by editing the script)

I dont have a clue how to do this :/

Thanks
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 2:00:45 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bar807 Go to Quoted Post
Guys,

Would anyone please help building a countdown timer with GT Title Designer and a script to use in vMix for Pool Matches as per below specs:

- 2 Digits
- Warns at 30 seconds (to be able to mute this and value to be configurable by editing the script)
- changes color when reaches 5 seconds (value and colors to be configurable by editing the script)
- Shortcut button for extension (20 seconds extension when triggered via shortcut button) - (extension value to be configurable by editing the script)

Thanks

No Clue ?

First:
Have you checked the tutorial videos
Have you checked the various countdown shortcut options ?
Have you checked for example the "scripting for dummies" post here ?
Are you considering editing the script to change values on the fly ?
What goes to output?
When Muting?
bar807  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2021 4:00:56 AM(UTC)
bar807

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: bar807 Go to Quoted Post
Guys,

- 2 Digits

Thanks

No Clue ?

First:
Have you checked the tutorial videos
Have you checked the various countdown shortcut options ?
Have you checked for example the "scripting for dummies" post here ?
Are you considering editing the script to change values on the fly ?
What goes to output?
When Muting?

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. Reason of not having a clue is that I'm not into coding vb.net or any other languages. I can look at the script and understand some logic and be able to edit some variables to change colors/values etc, but I would never be able to write a script:/ I'm just organizing pool events and do live streaming. This timer challenge came up and I can't seem t find a timer as I need it. But well back to your feedback with me answers inline:

First:
Have you checked the tutorial videos - Will not be able to do it from skretch anyway
Have you checked the various countdown shortcut options ? yes but its quite basic unless I really missed anything - no options to add extension
Have you checked for example the "scripting for dummies" post here ? I did - its not for me
Are you considering editing the script to change values on the fly ? No - depending on the format of the tournament being a 30 sec a shot or 60sec a shot, or 20 sec extension or 30 sec extension, I will pre edit the script before running it depending on the format of the match
What goes to output? I will have a laptop with vMix dedicated only to the timer and will get the timer on the streaming machine via NDI, but I also have big Screens in the Arena displaying the main theme of the tournament. These screens will show whats in the output of vMix. I need the script to send the timer to output once reached last 5 seconds, and also play a tone every second and buzz at zero, then will switch back timer to preview once timer is reset

look at this example where player gets to the last 5 seconds and the timer pops up on the screen then once reset it disappears from the screen and the theme comes back. Watch this video at 45 seconds
?t=51
phuvf  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2021 10:44:01 PM(UTC)
phuvf

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 1 post(s)
bar807,

Hi, I'm Nick and one of the things I do is write scripts for vMix. I was thinking of having a crack at this challenge to test myself.

What you're asking should all be possible - although I've got to check the time extension bit as I haven't done that before.

A couple of questions for you:

- You say 'Warns at 30 secs' - what does this look like? Is this and audio cue, or an on-screen display?
- Where you say 'Goes to output when reached 5 seconds' - Is the clock visible before this, or does it just appear on-screen for the last 5s?

I can't make any promises I'll complete this (or even be able to do it), but if I do, I'll send post a link here.
doggy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2021 3:45:04 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Something like this ?

BTW Countdown not suited for wanted options => using stopwatch
Shortcuts (3) and/or StreamDeck few tricks ;-)
Durations, Time triggers, colors and more editable