logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JeffBailey  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2021 9:45:10 AM(UTC)
JeffBailey

Groups: Registered
United States

I am using a Skaarhoj MegaPanel running vMix proxy 2.0 as a control surface for my vMix and Sony BRC-X400. I am using a Behringer XR-18 as the audio interface. When initially plugged in everything on the MegaPanel works fine. When I add Audio Inputs into the vMix the Behringer XAIR Asio driver, the MegaPanel becomes less responsive with each input added. I need to use 8 audio inputs all day.

First question is anyone using this same hardware setup with Skaarhoj and Behringer?

Second, what might be causing the unresponsiveness? We have tried switching networks, adding a new PCIE card, changing the port the vMix 2.0 proxy is run on, and none have changed the responsiveness.

Thanks in advance.
nielsen01  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2021 8:21:07 PM(UTC)
nielsen01

Groups: Registered
Denmark

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Skaarhoj reseller/integrator here.

In general i would recommend that you run the vMix 1.0 device core. We have had way to many problems with the vMix 2.0 device core in the past.

Also please read the Known issues in the 2.0 device core; https://github.com/SKAAR...als/DC_vMix2.0_Alpha.pdf
There is stated that when you use the board for audio controls, then the panel performance become slow/unusable if there is more than 4 audio inputs.

Its a Skaarhoj problem, not vMix.

/Mathias
thanks 1 user thanked nielsen01 for this useful post.
JeffBailey on 12/8/2021(UTC)