logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
randypurcell  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2021 10:27:34 AM(UTC)
randypurcell

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hi All,

2 Questions:

1. First I will say my system webcam and mic send into Zoom just fine. That said, I am trying to play a simple music mp3 in vMix and also send it into Zoom (with all other audio off). First problem, I could not even get Vmix to show up in Zoom audio. I finally selected my Wirecast virtual camera option in Zoom and to my surprise it worked. Any help on exactly how to best setup an mp3 input so that plays correctly in Zoom (see next question) would be a big help.

2. When I played the mp3 through the wirecast virtual audio option in Zoom the sound was intermittently flaky, occasionally cutting in and out, and making a raspy high wind sound every now and then. Now, this was why I am trying vMix, because this was a problem I could not solve with Wirecast. The sound is perfect when I share the zoom screen and play the mp3 out of powerpoint. I do not now if it is a) Zoom problem for both vMix and wirecast, or b) flaky wirecast virtual audio... :(

Bottom Line
Please share what you consider to be the optimum steps to play an MP3 in Vmix and send to Zoom!

I am new at this so it may well be pilot error, any advice much appreciated!

Thanks!

Randy
WaltG12  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2021 5:13:41 PM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: randypurcell Go to Quoted Post
I do not now if it is a) Zoom problem for both vMix and wirecast, or b) flaky wirecast virtual audio... :(

Before I address anything else, I want to address this, because I have a feeling this might fix everything.

I doubt the problem is in vMix.

It's possible the problem is in Zoom, however, depending on your settings. So before we go too far into trying to fix this, let's make sure that's not all it is.

Go into the "Audio" tab on your Zoom settings & uncheck "Automatically adjust microphone volume", select "Low" on "Suppress background noise", check "Show in-meeting option to enable 'Original Sound'", uncheck "Echo cancellation".

Open a new meeting, connect your audio if you don't do it automatically, click the "Original Sound: Off" button in the top left corner to turn it on, select whatever audio device (Wirecast?) your MP3 is playing over as your microphone & your headphones or speakers as your speakers. Then select the option to test your speakers & microphone. Play your MP3 for the microphone test.

If it sounds good in the test, have someone hop on a test meeting with you & doublecheck.

If it doesn't, try the below and then do it again.

Originally Posted by: randypurcell Go to Quoted Post
First problem, I could not even get Vmix to show up in Zoom audio.

vMix's audio outputs don't automatically show up in programs like Zoom. You would need to either:

a) Setup NDI for your audio outputs & use that in Zoom

or

b) Use a "virtual cable", such as Virtual Audio Cable or VB Cable, as the output for your bus & then select that cable as your Zoom input

Personally, I do the latter, as there's no use in potentially bogging down the network when everything's on one machine.

If this still doesn't work, you may have need to tweak some other settings, but figuring that out would require more tests.
randypurcell  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2021 4:50:54 AM(UTC)
randypurcell

Canada

Thank you VERY much.

The Zoom settings outlined are the solution!!!

May this thread's existence help people get this fixed faster than I did, lol