logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vmixop  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 5:00:17 AM(UTC)
vmixop

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/20/2021(UTC)
Posts: 6

Good evening

Is there a way within vmix to have the elements of a scene transition in one section at a time when switching from preview to program?

Rather than all appearing at the same time and at the same speed


doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 5:22:26 AM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Do you mean like an actual bullet list ( text) or combination of various inputs or .... and what type of transition (cut, fade, animated)
vmixop  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 5:50:53 AM(UTC)
vmixop

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/20/2021(UTC)
Posts: 6

As per title, "Bullet List EFFECT"

and likewise "Elements of a scene.......one section at a time"

Regarding transition type - any














doggy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 5:55:05 AM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)


or pls be more clear
vmixop  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 6:09:07 AM(UTC)
vmixop

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/20/2021(UTC)
Posts: 6

Ah,

For clarity/understanding, I was thinking of multiview elements as the scene components and not specifically individual text titles as per the video link

A scene composed of say 3 or 4 distinct column justified camera inputs with each being transitioned across from PVW to PRG building individually rather than all at once as per the standard "Merge / Fade / Slide" with their default method with elements simultaneously transitioning.

In simple layman's terms - more like a case of "timeline/click" structure that we might see in Keynote / Powerpoint rather than conventional ME effects.



doggy  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 6:23:51 AM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vmixop Go to Quoted Post
Ah,

For clarity/understanding, I was thinking of multiview elements as the scene components and not specifically individual text titles as per the video link

A scene composed of say 3 or 4 distinct column justified camera inputs with each being transitioned across from PVW to PRG building individually rather than all at once as per the standard "Merge / Fade / Slide" with their default method with elements simultaneously transitioning.

In simple layman's terms - more like a case of "timeline/click" structure that we might see in Keynote / Powerpoint rather than conventional ME effects.





not necessarily from from PVW but maybe some shortcut to "transition" the next chosen input to be "added" to to the PRG or doing it by script to create it as a sort of timeline of appearing either using overlays(but restricted to 4 ) or by adding inputs to a layer/multiview in succession or combination there of ? The script could handle some sort of transition ( animate in place or fade)
A combination of merging multiple multiviews in succesion might also be an option (timed through a script)
Just to throw out some initial possible ideas
vmixop  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 6:33:13 AM(UTC)
vmixop

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/20/2021(UTC)
Posts: 6

1) Yes - did look at overlays and the 4 limit cut plans short.

2) Regarding adding inputs to a layer/multiview, I have used this previously for other application purposes, but was unaware that you could add scripted transitions (or animations) as part of this process. This is definitely worth a further round of investigating.

3) The idea of having a succession of merged scenes sounds like it maybe my best approach - certainly for a scripted and stacked show.

All good food for thought.
TY
doggy  
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 6:40:27 AM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vmixop Go to Quoted Post

2) Regarding adding inputs to a layer/multiview, I have used this previously for other application purposes, but was unaware that you could add scripted transitions (or animations) as part of this process. This is definitely worth a further round of investigating.


its more like faking it : say add layer with SetAlpha to 0 and a little loop change the Alpha gradually to 255, similar for moving in by using SetPan and/or setzoom changes within a loop


Quote:
3) The idea of having a succession of merged scenes sounds like it maybe my best approach - certainly for a scripted and stacked show.


Probably also easier and quicker to "design" the layout and can also Fade and Move into position per "addition"
vmixop  
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 6:52:10 AM(UTC)
vmixop

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/20/2021(UTC)
Posts: 6

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
similar for moving in by using SetPan and/or setzoom changes within a loop


By this, do you mean adjust the ZOOM and PAN (X/Y) of the raw, original source input? Was unaware of scripting accesibility to achieve full position control within a specific layer (1-10) of a multiview/layer - but if this functionality does exist then that would be the perfect workaround

doggy  
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 7:16:49 AM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vmixop Go to Quoted Post

By this, do you mean adjust the ZOOM and PAN (X/Y) of the raw, original source input?


yes (can not specify the layers currently through the functions)

but think the Merge option will be the best bet. More flexible and cleaner

Do you have a visual example ?
vmixop  
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 7:40:20 AM(UTC)
vmixop

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/20/2021(UTC)
Posts: 6

Will endeavour to show a working example of this approach .

Currently in show, but downtime tomorrow
TY
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.