logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FrankyDynamics  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 7:19:13 AM(UTC)
FrankyDynamics

Groups: Registered
Germany

Hey guys is there somebody that knows how to setup Vmix Instant Replay Operator.

Iam using a PC with Remix but as a director i want to have an Operator doing Vmix Replay how u can u Setup that do u need 2 PC or does it work with a controller?

And how can the Operator see multiview for setting up the clips. Big THX
JayRozanski  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2021 2:47:02 AM(UTC)
JayRozanski

United Kingdom

I've just been looking into this - A controller would certainly allow an op to do their thing while you direct..
Maxhnssn  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 10:06:47 PM(UTC)
Maxhnssn

Sweden

if you have a powerful pc to run replays and graphics/mixing, you could just add a second monitor for the replay op and drag the relay window over to that.

Haven´t tested it but saw that JLcooper makes a usb midi controller for vmix replay that might do the trick for this.

https://www.jlcooper.com...ct.php?prod=slomominiusb
Radiotvpat1982  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2021 7:40:05 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
You can feel free to PM me if you like.

There are 2 main ways to run VMIX Replay

Option A: Separate PC (Requires a License)

Your operator will run a separate machine. You will still need to use the main VMIX UI to add the camera inputs and audio. You will also need to output from the replay machine in to the switcher machine. NDI is always a good option if you have a strong network. VMIX replay can send to any switcher via an external output or NDI. Make sure you send the Replay Output channels and NOT the master VMIX output. This will allow you to send both your A & B channels.

Option B: Same PC
This does require a strong computer to do both and you have to share resources like a mouse and keyboard between the switcher side and the replay side. Its not ideal but its really not hard. You can use shortcuts & triggers to help make thing easier. I direct and run replay sometimes for sporting events.

As far as controllers go there are now a number of them on the market. Most full controllers at sub $500 USD and work over MIDI commands.

I use a TYST REW-380 but there are a number of options there. Ideally find one with a jog wheel and a T-Bar for speed.