logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
canagica  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:03:22 PM(UTC)
canagica

Groups: Registered

Hello-
I'm pulling an H264 stream from an Axis Q1604e at a remote site into Vmix then broadcasting it using the new Livestream. However, I'm running into (i think) a latency issue where Vmix flashes a "connection error" message, the input screen freezes, and after about 5-10s it flashes black and reacquires the stream. When I use VLC to preview the stream I don't have any connection issues (using the same RTSP address), and when I use the Axis Streaming Assistant (made by Axis) I get a smooth feed w/o connection errors.

I've used Vmix to stream similar RTSP feeds without issue, and local bandwidth (at over 150 Mbps up/down) is not an issue. I've tried increasing the buffer to 10000ms (no change) and changing some of the settings on the camera (to lower GOV lengths, higher and lower bitrates) and had no success.

I'd prefer to use Vmix because it greatly increases my options for muxing audio and adding overlays, but it seems to not handle the RTSP stream very well. Do you have any suggestions on how I might improve its performance?