logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
iqbalefef  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2021 12:19:40 AM(UTC)
iqbalefef

Groups: Registered
Indonesia

Hello Everyone from vMix Forum.

Let`s get straight to the point . I have this brand new laptop "Lenovo Legion 5 Pro" after arrived of course i install every driver necessary to support vMix , at some point the laptop starting to missing input from soundcard and other thing like mouse . and not for a long time laptop freeze / or crash / bsod and for bsod itself it never reach 100% stuck at 0% for some reason . At this point i still dont know vMix is the cause .

The next step i think because this Operating System came from manufacture , first thing i try is Reset via Windows setting and do the exact same thing install every necessary driver and try run vmix with simple 1-3 input from other laptop and phone . try streaming again and at some point starting happen same thing like i mentioned before .

The next step you might think i did is of course clean installation through microsoft , do the same again and still .

The last step i almost give up maybe something wrong with the hardware but when i call support from the laptop vendor i asked to try once again to do clean installation but from their souce . its like the same but came with their driver so everything ready to use .

and you might know still happening , but i curious what if i dont use vmix to do streaming and use other software , in this case from first until now i just use like 1 - 3 capture no other content just input and output to stream . Sorry if i mention other software its "OBS" and yeah nothing goes wrong from this morning until night streaming all day .

Maybe you guys know what happen , im still using trial of course my main vmix is on another machine .

One thing i might try later is using Windows 11 , Maybe everything is better . maybe not .

Here`s the spesification and condition of my laptop

i7 11800H ( Maybe this processor is still new so vmix is not supported yet i dont know )
RTX 3060 130W ( Only use discrete , Intel IGP is disabled )
2x8GB DDR4 3200mhz
1TB nVME PCIE GEN 4

From their website : https://www.lenovo.com/u...-pro-16ith6h/wmd00000493

Thank you , and sorry for long post . I really frustated because i want to use this machine immidiately to work and replace the old one . but yeah things happen .