logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
combrains  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 9:37:28 AM(UTC)
combrains

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Hi Folks,

We have started using VMix Replay and the Shuttle V2 controller as a poor-man's EVS system for video-referees. One of the common requests we get is 'is it possible to scale the scrubbing timeline in the replay controller?

Reason being that the replay system can be recording for a full day, and if the refs need to review an event that was not marked, it can become very difficult to accurately scrub using the scrub bar.

Is there a way we could scale this to only scrub, say, the last hour of footage? Or have presets for, say, 1hr, 2hrs, all-time etc? If not, this would be a very handy feature request.

Cheers
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 11:25:39 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Why not have a little script that automatically marks every hour during the day (and name as such) ? maybe export such marked parts individually. Similarly record in sections

Why a ref needs to go back several hrs beats me though, seems to be pointless to have them on during the live actions then ( sorry , pet peeve of mine ;-) ). For coaching/training purposes it would make sense
combrains  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 9:03:26 AM(UTC)
combrains

New Zealand

I guess the term I used should have been adjudicator rather than referee.

In our use case, this is a rowing event on a lake. The schedule is so packed that the events run literally one after the other, so there is really no time to start/stop recordings - he needs to be able to view whatever, whenever on the fly.

I do like your idea of a script to break up recordings though - maybe just on a button so he can do it at a time in between races? If we break up the recordings (or even races) and mark them, are they still accessible in the events window for playback?

The reason we need to capture a whole day is because teams can protest a race result up to 12 hours after the race has ended (e.g if the tower officials DQ'd a team because they hit a buoy but the team believe they were clear).

Thanks for the suggestion
doggy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 9:44:07 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
using the instant replay comes to mind , just a button press for the marking between races, reviewable events while continuing recording but would not do it on one machine

individual recorded clips also is a simpel button press , can name them according the racing teams data for easy retrieval and review and can be pulled from another machine to pull up and reviewed without interfering with the main machine