logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shampton  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 4:45:51 AM(UTC)
shampton

Groups: Registered
United States

So I have a virtual set (using a default as an example).

L3-1.PNG (472kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

I'd like to fade on a L3 (so currently using the L3 input on an Overlay channel)

L3-2.PNG (460kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Now what I'd like to do, is with the L3 still on the screen, is zoom into the CU, and have the L3 move with the rest of the set.

But I can't figure out how to keep the fade if I add it in as a layer and use a LayerOnOff shortcut; when I use LayerOnOff it's just a hard cut.
But if I keep it as an overlay it won't move with the set and stays on screen in it's original position.

L3-3.PNG (66kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

For now the solution is just to keep it as an overlay, then fade it off before I go the CU, but I thought I'd ask the hive if there were any other combination of triggers/shortcuts to achieve this that someone might know about?

Cheers!

PS Thanks Heath and the rest of the vMix team for that "How to control vMix layers with shortcuts" tutorial the other day...really liked that one!
matkeane  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2021 9:19:12 PM(UTC)
matkeane

Groups: Registered
France

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Hi,

As you have already discovered, if you want to move the lower-third with the virtual set, it needs to be added as one of its layers. Have you tried keeping the layer visible, but using shortcuts to trigger the transition in/out on the title layer to get your fade in/out ? Generally though, I use an additional Mix input to manage content for Virtual Set layers like that - that way you can easily manage content as well as the transition used.
thanks 1 user thanked matkeane for this useful post.
shampton on 11/2/2021(UTC)