logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
maxangsten  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2021 9:50:31 PM(UTC)
maxangsten

Groups: Registered
Germany

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing a strange problem with my vMix setup and could need some advise!

vMix Machine:
Intel NUC 11 Enthusiast Kit
Intel i7-1165G7 Processor
RTX 2060
32 GB RAM
1 TB NVME

I know that there are more powerful systems around, but for the client it was very important to have a mobile case system and the PC actually should be powerful enough to do this job.

vMix Version:
24.72 (tried other versions as well)

Task:
Switch and record 3 (full) NDI cameras (Panasonic UE100) in 1080p50

Problem:
The behavior of the system is changing from time to time.

When everything is working fine, I can setup a preset (1080p50) with the 3 NDI camera feeds (1080p50) and the CPU vMix goes to ~15-20%. Then I use the Multicorder to record the 3 Inputs in 50 MBit/s .mp4 with hardware encoders, CPU stays at ~15-20% and in the task manager I can see the GPU encoding. Perfect!
Without any (comprehensible) reason the behavior changes to the following: without the Multicorder enabled vMix CPU goes up to ~50-80%. Starting the Multicorder CPU goes to 100% and in the task manager I can see, that the encoding is not (or at least less) happening at the GPU. When I close the scenes one by one, I can see, that actually the CPU is behaving quite normal until I add the third NDI input. But even with two NDI feeds the Multicorder is not using the full power of the NVENCs and still produces a lot of dropped frames.
The worst thing is, that sometimes the changeover between the two behaviors is switching while recording, so right now the system is not reliable at all

I attached a task manager screenshot where you exactly can see the point when the "changeover" is happening. Video Encode goes down, 3D goes up, a peak in Copy and at the top left corner you can see the CPU maxing out at the exact timepoint.

It feels like for any reason at some point vMix stops using the hardware encoders and produces something that burdens the CPU. I know that NDI inputs are handled by the CPU, but I can clearly see, that the system is capable of managing 3 NDI Inputs.

Any ideas or recommendations are appreciated.

Thank you very much for your help and time!

Max

ENC disabled CPU overload.png (57kb) downloaded 2 time(s).