logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fenki86  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:49:43 PM(UTC)
fenki86

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hey there!

I found some animated lower thirds produced in After Effects. They look very nice - but I can't figure out a way to use them in vMix without pre-render them with text. Is there a way to export it as a .mov-file and then insert it in vMix as a title? That way I could use the Title editor to put in the needed text.

Thanks for any hint.

Greetz from Austria

Fenki
Egriswold  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:43:40 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
You could render them out with out text then using the titler in vmix create the text. You will need at least one frame to import for alignment. After that delete the frame from titler leaving just text.
Then import animation and title files and use triggers to have the text come in when activating lower third.
Just a thought :-}
fenki86  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 7:01:13 PM(UTC)
fenki86

Unfortunately I have to come back to that particular problem. I managed to put a text over a mov-File using the Multiview function. Unfortunately I then have to edit the text via presets in the Text-Input and then activate the lower third as an overlay. Is there a way to activate the text as an overlay and automatically trigger the lower third on another overlay so they come up on the same time? I just couldn't get it to work via the trigger-function in the options window. Any guidance on that case?
Sondrey  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 7:30:34 PM(UTC)
Sondrey

Man

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I have no idea of how complicated this lower third is, but it might be doable in XAML? Then you would have the power to change the text anytime. For lower thirds and more graphics for vMix, check out our store at http://shop.njastad.com

We allso do some private jobs on smaller graphical projects, just ask ;)
fenki86  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 7:47:17 PM(UTC)
fenki86

thanks Sondrey - i was using static png-files up until now for the live-streaming of the Austrian Handball League. However we continue to improve our streaming service. The League is going to provide me with some lower-thirds which have been produced in AfterEffects. I then want to use the files provided and lay the text above them. As said - via multiview it is possible, however not very convenient as I have to select the correct title preset f.e. on input 5 and then activate the lower third on input 7. It would be easier to select the title preset and the apply the overlay on the same input.