logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dave Sniffin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2021 8:27:41 AM(UTC)
Dave Sniffin

Groups: Registered
United States

Hopefully these have not been asked and answered ten times over in previous threads.

1)It's my understanding that if all input sources are NDI (e.g. three cameras and one graphics PC running Pro Presenter etc.), I do not need a hardware capture card such as would be required for SDI or HDMI, is this correct?

2)If the vMix PC output is only to stream via network and to local operator monitor (no large format display at this time), is it necessary to include a super high-end (read expensive) graphics card? It's not clear to me whether the graphics card / GPU is involved in the encoding of the stream or whether that is done natively by the CPU and associated chip set on the MB, and the GPU only gets involved in the signal being fed to the local monitor(s).

3) Anyone know if vMix has been / is being tested with Windows 11? If I'm building a brand new PC, doesn't seem to make sense to me to build it with Windows 10 only to have to upgrade a few months down the road.

Thanks in advance for any guidance / suggestions / helpful comments.
ask  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 2:50:09 PM(UTC)
ask

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Asked and answered many times......

1). Yes
2). See recommended hardware specs
3). No, as win 11 is still rolling out to different regions and hardware has to be compatible. However users are reporting that there are no issues atm.