logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BigApple  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2021 5:58:08 AM(UTC)
BigApple

Groups: Registered

Does anyone know if it is possible to import a CSV excel file to several lower third video windows at the same time. (IN the background or with a special command?)
That would be really helpful. Currently i need to import it 12-16 times 1 for each lower third. Also it would be nice if the reload would actually updated itself if the csv it points to is changed.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2021 4:18:01 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BigApple Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to import a CSV excel file to several lower third video windows at the same time. (IN the background or with a special command?)
That would be really helpful. Currently i need to import it 12-16 times 1 for each lower third. Also it would be nice if the reload would actually updated itself if the csv it points to is changed.

Don't understand your workflow that you have to import 12-16 times per lower third .

Also what is changed in the CSV , do you have control of the CSV ?

For quick setting connections between a title and a data source one can name the title textfields and the columns needed the same and autofill all title fields ( checked Apply to all fields)
BigApple  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 1:54:42 AM(UTC)
BigApple

I have 8 inputs and each input has its own Lower 3rd layer. So if anything in the CSV document changes i need to go into each l3rd layer and right click to title editor /clear and click import and select the changed CSV file again to bring in the updated changes. Reload wont do the trick that i thought it would
doggy  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 3:01:13 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

I have 8 inputs and each input has its own Lower 3rd layer. So if anything in the CSV document changes i need to go into each l3rd layer and right click to title editor /clear and click import and select the changed CSV file again to bring in the updated changes. Reload wont do the trick that i thought it would

Doesn't really make sense. Datasource updates (without a reload) whenever changes in the data source files are saved

BigApple  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 3:03:49 AM(UTC)
BigApple

you are right... because i have not used data sources as such (or ever) i will figure out to use this somehow so it will be more dynamic.
doggy  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 3:17:51 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

you are right... because i have not used data sources as such (or ever) i will figure out to use this somehow so it will be more dynamic.

Its not that hard but very powerful
btw one is not restricted to using links to one source file. A title can be connected to multiple sources or even a specific row in a datasource. There are shortcuts to go through a list in the datasource as such updating a title with another row content etc . You will probably find out that it is less complicated than what you are currently doing :-)
BigApple  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 3:21:23 AM(UTC)
BigApple

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

Doesn't really make sense. Datasource updates (without a reload) whenever changes in the data source files are saved

So i have added and changed it through the data source.
And it works as you mentioned. once i change the CSV file content it updates.
But the problem now is that when i right click a name of the lower third thumbnail window (or in the title editor) different that the one that is elected in the data source it shows just fine but as soon as the data (csv file) is changed it jumps over to that name that is define in the data source.) and it no longer shows the one that i choose through the classic right click selection.
doggy  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 3:32:54 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

But the problem now is that when i right click a name of the lower third thumbnail window (or in the title editor) different that the one that is elected in the data source it shows just fine but as soon as the data (csv file) is changed it jumps over to that name that is define in the data source.) and it no longer shows the one that i choose through the classic right click selection.

I guessing you are also using title presets or changing manually in the title . DON'T !!
have al the possible texts in your data source ( list) , and select another row in the datasource manager . one can even leave that window open .
The title wil update whenever you choose another row or there is a change in the datasource file . When you changed it in-between manually or using a preset, the data source will take over every so often based on the update timing in the datasource setup . You can stop that by pausing the datasource updating
BigApple  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 4:17:09 AM(UTC)
BigApple

I guessing you are also using title presets or changing manually in the title . DON'T !!
have al the possible texts in your data source ( list) , and select another row in the datasource manager . one can even leave that window open .
The title wil update whenever you choose another row or there is a change in the datasource file . When you changed it in-between manually or using a preset, the data source will take over every so often based on the update timing in the datasource setup . You can stop that by pausing the datasource updating

that is a great idea... but i have about 8 of these lower3rd winodws each window has a different name selected as needed sometimes i have 8 windows up on the screen (multibox) and each window needs to have its own name pulled from the CSV file.

It seems i need to have 8 separate data windows open just to change those 8 names as needed on the fly.
doggy  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 4:32:08 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

[
that is a great idea... but i have about 8 of these lower3rd winodws each window has a different name selected as needed sometimes i have 8 windows up on the screen (multibox) and each window needs to have its own name pulled from the CSV file.

It seems i need to have 8 separate data windows open just to change those 8 names as needed on the fly.

Hard to say is i don't understand your setup or your intention fully. Mind you one can play with the columns content also.
What is the relation of the LT and the name ( like if it were calls i do not see that the name of the caller (input) would change that often for example)
Often it takes a bit of brainstorming ( even thinking outside the box) to simplify matters using the vMix capabilities (data source, triggers, scripts, shortcuts, input references etc )