logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vjsmad  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 11:04:34 PM(UTC)
vjsmad

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/19/2020(UTC)
Posts: 9
France
Location: malakoff

anyone of you have seen just one time an answer from vmix team about a feature request !!! i hope that one day vmix will be buy another company as adobe or thing like that ! to get better and quicker evolution , best graphic interface and answer to all request to get better that software . now men i think you get a very very very lot of money during this past covid year ! so be grateful to all users!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2021 1:00:34 AM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,424
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 196 times
Was thanked: 620 time(s) in 507 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vjsmad Go to Quoted Post
anyone of you have seen just one time an answer from vmix team about a feature request !!! i hope that one day vmix will be buy another company as adobe or thing like that ! to get better and quicker evolution , best graphic interface and answer to all request to get better that software . now men i think you get a very very very lot of money during this past covid year ! so be grateful to all users!


issues much ?

Here is a good read : https://forums.vmix.com/...bout-this-forum#post5712

vMix does respond to feature requests by implementing many over the many years! vMix has been very grateful to its customers over the years, priced their powerful product very reasonable and having the best support allround ( Do you ever sleep Martin ?)
Of course using it since a short time and demanding to jump to your personal requests immediately will not reflect that ;-)
thanks 5 users thanked doggy for this useful post.
Gyapi on 10/15/2021(UTC), DYosua on 10/15/2021(UTC), ggudnason on 10/15/2021(UTC), Ittaidv on 10/16/2021(UTC), ron2210 on 10/18/2021(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2021 3:14:23 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/18/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,606
Location: Stockholm

Thanks: 122 times
Was thanked: 252 time(s) in 212 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vjsmad Go to Quoted Post
anyone of you have seen just one time an answer from vmix team about a feature request

Absolutely, in fact many times. And that happened when Martin needed our help about questions he had in order to implement the requests properly.

I am a long time user, and my understanding is that in fact vMix development is indeed driven by user requests. As a matter of facts, many of my own request have been implemented over the years.

I do have a number of non-implemented requests longing for +s. Although those sometimes frustrates me, I very much respect how vMix manage product development and their customer support, including this Forum.

A few times I have discussed my requests with Martin in person (during exhibitions). Let's say we sometimes disagree on why/nots. Stil, vMix and Martin has the bigger picture. I am open to the fact that my view might be wrong.

Originally Posted by: vjsmad Go to Quoted Post
i think you get a very very very lot of money during this past covid year ! so be grateful to all users!

Well, that might very well be true. Both in terms of money, and - more important - when it comes to grateful users. Perhaps not everyone understand how difficult it is to take care of customer support when the number of users as well as use cases explodes. When corona hit us all, my impression is that the vMix team for a while reduced development efforts in order to be able to increase support volume and speed. If that's correctly understood, I think it was a good decision.

Finally, one must understand that many features are simply impossible to implement because the requester have not thought/looked beyond "it would be nice if...". For example, sending audio out from a vMix Call to a Dante channel for external mixing and keeping mix-minus management inside vMix sounds cool. But, that means that vMix can simply not manage mix-minus if the return signal is supposed to come back from an external mixer.

There is a difference between a request that have not been implemented and one that cannot be. And sometimes only the vMix team knows why. We have to live with that, and appreciate all the wonders as well as nice surprises (e.g. voice control) that vMix after all delivers. All the time...

Just my bitcents.
thanks 3 users thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
doggy on 10/16/2021(UTC), Gyapi on 10/16/2021(UTC), DYosua on 10/18/2021(UTC)
Ittaidv  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2021 9:24:47 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/19/2013(UTC)
Posts: 585
Man
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 76 times
Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vjsmad Go to Quoted Post
i hope that one day vmix will be buy another company as adobe or thing like that ! to get better and quicker evolution , best graphic interface and answer to all request to get better that software .


I use Adobe products since more than 10 years and vMix since 2013. To compare: Adobe software is full of bugs, and they are not solved after more then 10 years. There is not even a way to ask for features, let alone that the developers would even take time to read them:) vMix development has always been user driven. I've personally seen the most popular requests being implemented, and don't know about many software packages that have been that open for requests from the community as vMix. I hope for Martin Adobe will buy his company one day, so he can be a billionaire one day, although that would probably make vMix a software package that would become just another stupid Adobe package that has 0 community support :)

I've seen your feature requests. You're one of the many pandemic vMix users who joined because you needed a quick solution to make money during the pandemic. That's absolutely fine, welcome aboard. Just don't expect because you paid a little amount of money for a software that is relatively cheap (2 years of adobe for a lifetime pro license?) that you can come here and demand your requests to be immediatly implemented.

I've just checked your feature requests, and seen what they are about. You want Mac support, FFGL plugin support, Dante support and something with borders around your titles. Most of them are not very popular requests. It's not because you use Resolume for a long time already, that the majority is immediatly convinced about the need for those features. Just check the feature request subforum and check which posts are popular, this gives you an indication about which features will possibly be included in the next update. I don't see your posts in the 'popular ones' yet.

To get a popular feature request, it's sometimes needed to gain some community support. I've seen some good campains to get features included in the past. People who took their request outside of the forums, into the broader community on social media. A succesful campain, can get users behind your request, and a feature implemented. It is required from you to be a valuable community member though to get this done, since it will be easier to convince people to support your request when they know what you are all about.

Originally Posted by: vjsmad Go to Quoted Post
i think you get a very very very lot of money during this past covid year ! so be grateful to all users!


Just coming here and demanding stuff because you paid a bit of money, that made you do 200 live events (you say in another post) that hopefully made you a lot of money, should make you understand a license for this awesome software is really cheap, compared to the money you can make with it. My advice to get your requests implemented: get active in the broader community, help other people out, and try to get support for them by other users ;)



thanks 3 users thanked Ittaidv for this useful post.
doggy on 10/16/2021(UTC), ron2210 on 10/18/2021(UTC), DYosua on 10/18/2021(UTC)
NiBTour  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 3:38:55 PM(UTC)
NiBTour

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/28/2016(UTC)
Posts: 142
Man
United States
Location: SACRAMENTO

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Quote:
i hope that one day vmix will be buy another company as adobe or thing like that ! to get better and quicker evolution , best graphic interface and answer to all request to get better that software .



Aaaaahahahaha, you lost me at Adobe. Of all the companies you could have used as an example of you chose the one that does the very opposite! Adobe. hahaha.

He said like "Adobe". Classic.
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.