logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KJ4AWR  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 7:20:44 AM(UTC)
KJ4AWR

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have 6 data sources, most of which have about 8000 rows when brought into vMix as a Data Source. When brought in there are at least 3 columns for each language. I would like to minimize the titles I have for these data sources, right now I have 2 titles for each data source (one full screen, one lower third) totaling 12 titles. I thought about setting up a set of titles for each language.. 12 x each language also blows up pretty quick.

Unless I am missing how, I do not see a way that the API, or a script can update the column linking based on language. To me it doesn't matter if it is a 'manual' trigger to change the columns, but I don't want to have to go into each one of the 12 titles and update all 3+ links to the data source to set the language.
I would like to see a script or API method of updating the title-data source linking so that I can, on the fly, update the language during a broadcast.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 4:49:45 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Quote:
I would like to see a script or API method of updating the title-data source linking so that I can, on the fly, update the language during a broadcast.

Currently IMO spending some time editing the titles and a few shortcuts linked to a script for practicality should do it.
Have 3 pages in a title each for a language then select the page by shortcut . To change all the titles in one go put all these chaginng functions in a script.

Another option (will depend on the type ) is to change the columns order or their names in your source . say its excel , quickly do it with some macros or dragging the column
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
KJ4AWR on 10/15/2021(UTC)
KJ4AWR  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2021 10:20:48 AM(UTC)
KJ4AWR

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

Currently IMO spending some time editing the titles and a few shortcuts linked to a script for practicality should do it.
Have 3 pages in a title each for a language then select the page by shortcut . To change all the titles in one go put all these changing functions in a script.

Another option (will depend on the type ) is to change the columns order or their names in your source . say its excel , quickly do it with some macros or dragging the column

I wasn't sure what you meant by pages on a title, but maybe I figured out what you meant. I duplicated layers on the title and appended them as _eng, _esp, etc.. I didn't ever realize about the showing and hiding text and image on a title via shortcut or script. I hid all but primary languages by default, and created a script which will hide the primary and show the selected language when run. This works very well and has opened a whole new set of possibilities for me. I'm sure I'll have some scripting related questions later on as I get to the next stage.
Thank you for the suggestions as they helped out!