logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Southwood Church  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2021 6:05:23 AM(UTC)
Southwood Church

Groups: Registered
United States

We use Easy Worship 7 through NDI Desktop Capture. We recently upgraded our live stream computer because our previous laptop didn't have the right graphics card for us to run powerpoint. After that upgrade, things were working fine for about a month. Then, this past week, we've been having trouble with the powerpoint slides "sticking?" when we click on them in Easy Worship. We load a few PPT presentations per week - the ones that are set as automated slideshows for announcements work fine. But the deck that we click on for scriptures or pics that the pastor uses during the sermon get stuck. So let's say we are on slide 4 and we click on slide 5. It stays on slide 4 - and then if you click on slide 8, then it shows slide 5. It's like it's a click behind. Does anyone know if there is an issue that might cause this that I can fix? I hate to have spent $1200 on a new computer so we can use PPT in Easy Worship and now be back to not being able to use it. Thanks for any help you can offer!
Southwood Church  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2021 6:18:26 AM(UTC)
Southwood Church

United States

Our new computer is a - Lenovo® IdeaCentre 5i Creators Edition Desktop PC, Intel® Coreā„¢ i7, 16GB Memory, 512GB Solid State Drive, Windows® 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Dedicated Graphics
Roy Sinclair  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 7:21:10 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Southwood Church Go to Quoted Post
We use Easy Worship 7 through NDI Desktop Capture. We recently upgraded our live stream computer because our previous laptop didn't have the right graphics card for us to run powerpoint. After that upgrade, things were working fine for about a month. Then, this past week, we've been having trouble with the powerpoint slides "sticking?" when we click on them in Easy Worship. We load a few PPT presentations per week - the ones that are set as automated slideshows for announcements work fine. But the deck that we click on for scriptures or pics that the pastor uses during the sermon get stuck. So let's say we are on slide 4 and we click on slide 5. It stays on slide 4 - and then if you click on slide 8, then it shows slide 5. It's like it's a click behind. Does anyone know if there is an issue that might cause this that I can fix? I hate to have spent $1200 on a new computer so we can use PPT in Easy Worship and now be back to not being able to use it. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Using ProPresenter 6 here but what you may be experiencing is a loss of focus issue. If some other program on the laptop grabs the "focus" then a "clicker" to advance to the next slide will be ignored until you click on the program again to restore the focus to that program. I would highly recommend you uninstall ALL the garbage that Lenovo packs into their PCs (not just Lenovo, pretty much every brand loads down the PCs they sell with garbage apps, begware and cpu intensive nonsense).

Also turn OFF all the Windows notifications just so they don't pop up and change the focus.

Clean the laptop down to just what you need it for and make sure nobody is using it for anything else while you are trying to show your slideshows and you may find the problem goes away.

ohostetter  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 3:37:27 AM(UTC)
ohostetter

One workaround you could try is to download PowerPoint as images and import images into EasyWorship.
Load up PowerPoint
Click on File-save as
Double click on This Pc
Select PNG from drop down menu

Click Save. Select all slides. This will save all your PowerPoint slides as images into a folder on the desktop/downloads.
Drag or insert images into EasyWorship.

You could also make sure your firewall isn't blocking it https://support.easywors...through-windows-firewall

Another idea is to update your NDI. https://www.vmix.com/ndi/