logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
barriod  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 5:16:50 AM(UTC)
barriod

Groups: Registered
Spain

Hi, we currently have quite a few teams working with vmix, of different AMD and Intel models, always meeting the minimum requirements that you request, but we are having a common problem in all of them, and it is the following.
All the teams have the Blackmagic quad 2 installed, currently we work broadcasting different sports, we do all the games with 4 cameras, and we use the external output to pass it through an external Blackmagic recorder and an Encoder (Liveu, Kiloview, Magewell ... ) to send the signal to different points.
After many tests we have verified that randomly if we use 5 and 6 or 7 and 8 as outputs, we usually have a problem with the audio in some of the outputs, the encoders do not recognize the audio train well and the encoders or do not emit directly or broadcast without audio.
we have carried out different tests, with different encoders (kiloview, LiveU backpacks, Magewell) and the result is the same.
Randomly, outputs 5 or 6 give problems with the audio, and 7 and 8 do not, but if we restart the equipment the next day, the ones that give audio problems are 7 and 8 and 5 and 6 no, 5 does not 6 yes, 7 no and 8 yes .... it is crazy but we have tested all the equipment and the same thing happens in all of them, we have talked to the encoder suppliers and they say that it is indeed a failure that they give vmix kits or blackmagic cards with vmix kits.
It's a shame because I can't know what is happening or what the problem is, updated drivers, updated vmix ... and we are currently opting to use again the atem production equipment and vmix only as support for graphics and repeats, from the ATEM the outputs are perfect, the audios correct and without any problem.
Vmix we love how it works but we can't use the external sources that are necessary.
My question is to know what this problem is due to and if we can solve it in any way. I do not know if you have detected this type of incident, or if it is a configuration problem, or there really is some kind of incompatibility with Blackmagic cards,
Please I hope you give me the solution to continue working with this great program.

Thanks
OmerT  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2022 3:51:54 AM(UTC)
OmerT

Groups: Registered
Israel

Hi
I also use the Blackmagic quad 2 card
And I have the same problem. I had a lot of broadcasts because of the ports in Blackmagic quad 2, usually using ports 7-8, starting to broadcast and a switch site to check that the sound really goes out before I broadcast to the customer's site.
And I know 2 other users that this is happening to them
Happy to take care of you