logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tullo_rjs  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 1:25:38 AM(UTC)
Tullo_rjs

Groups: Registered
Italy

i suggest to add the temporary-link generator for calls.
I work for some web-tv that use always the same vMix project, so always the same calls. Then it's possible that one guest of an old show can join the conversation by the link we sent him every time we open the project...even when we are live...and also can replace other guest that are live.

it will be good if there is a feature that creates temporary links to give to guests, without using third-party services.

another good point to think about is that if i go to vmixcall.com and try to put random numbers, i maybe can succeed in finding an active call in random place in the world. Many combinations available, but possible.
Aecast  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 7:55:32 AM(UTC)
Aecast

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi Tullo_rjs,

this may help you,
ideally you dont want to send any of your clients VMIX Call links,
easier to have them visit a login screen where they are then queued and you can then admit them into the call in two ways,

1) display a button to click on to open the link
2) Have then turn of their popup blocker (System has ways to assist with this) and admit them to the call directly opeing the call for them

visit post
https://forums.vmix.com/...emote-Production-Control

and try RProducer, here you can can admit people to any of your call channels and no link sharing thus avoiding the issue of people reusing links and knocking people of a call
Also saves a lot of hassle with link creation and emailing everyone.

You can also brand your own interface for the client to visit and access the system in own language, and provide a exit page after their call as you can also close their calls and send then onto a followup page.

any questions please post