logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mgrayeb  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2021 9:47:01 PM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yesterday, I was starting a live video feed from my vMix laptop to Zoom when the vMix interface froze and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced similar or might have ideas why?

My production included 4 NDI-HX cameras, and one vMix Desktop Capture of a PowerPoint from another laptop on the network (via NDI), as well as 4 ASIO audio inputs via a Behringer UMC 404HD audio interface, and a 14" monitor connected to the laptop via thunderbolt, with vMix output and a virtual audio cable feeding a Zoom meeting on the same laptop. vMix 24.0.0.66

My Omen laptop has an i7-9700 CPU, nVidia 2060 GPU, 16GB RAM, and I've not had this problem previously during testing with same setup. The problem happened within a minute after starting Zoom and turning on external output on the laptop. My CPU and GPU resources were each less than about 20 percent in use. No other applications (web browser or otherwise) were running on the laptop, and I don't have any security software on the laptop beyond what Windows provides.

Only vMix froze. In Zoom, I made the client a co-host and quit Zoom (this was not during a live show, it was before the show during setup) and the vMix interface unfroze. I restarted Zoom and everything worked fine for the rest of the day.

Is there a way for me to check the logs in vMix to indicate what might have caused the issue? Could it have been the order of operations (e.g. starting Zoom and then turning on external output vs. the other way around?) Other suggestions? Thanks.