logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
owlietenil2  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 6:00:26 PM(UTC)
owlietenil2

Groups: Registered

Really looking for some first hand vMix experience, best setup tips, and will really appreciate the help. Specifically for doing a show live with remote VMix callers.

SHORT BACK STORY: I have already been recording Skype and Zoom calls for last few weeks in my living room control room. I have two NewTek TalkShow computers, two HyperDeck Studio Pros, small audio mixer setup for MixMinus for Talkshows. Also have ATEM TV Studio HD, DAs, New MacBook Pro, ect. Things have been going great with recordings. But the needs have ramped up and we're wanting to do live shows now. I've finally given in to VMix being the answer for dong live shows with remote guests at this point.

I have a fairly robust PC computer on its way to me. I'm looking to add a DeckLink Duo 2. With the main intent of using outputs to record decks. Anyone advise against using this card with VMix? And I can send one output as program and 2 as ISO / AUX outputs?

I will have up to 8 VMix Callers at once an
d want to record all of their ISOs if possible. I was thinking offload recording of program and 2 callers to recording decks, and record 6 ISO on the VMix PC if possible?

My next question, when collaborating on an actual live show, what communication and rundown tools is everyone using? I've heard good things about the Unity comms system, but it needs a hardware server installed, are there some good cloud based options for comms?showbox speed test