logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DaveCS  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2021 1:37:01 PM(UTC)
DaveCS

Groups: Registered
United States

I hope I can describe this adequately.
My church has an upcoming special congregational meeting. We would like to have those who are comfortable meeting in person sit in the sanctuary and those who are not comfortable meeting in person on a Zoom call from home. I would like to use vMix to become a person in the Zoom call.

Here is our setup. Computer 1 normally runs PowerPoint and is connected to the big screen in the sanctuary and also into our Allen & Heath QU-16 mixer for sound output when we play videos.
Computer 2 runs vMix. It also can fetch PowerPoint slides from computer 1 via NDI and display them to our online audience.

I want to run Zoom on computer 1 and put the Zoom gallery view up on the big screen. I would then like to send the audio and video from vMix from computer 2 into Zoom on computer 1 so it appears as one of the boxes in the galley view for at those at home.

I read a knowledge base article on adding Zoom calls to vMix and it seems like I can adapt that by using an NDI send from vMix over to computer 1 and into Zoom. I think. Does that sound right?

If the above actually works the next problem is audio looping. The mixer sends audio of the service into the vMix computer over USB to be broadcast to our online audience. If a person at home talks in Zoom, the sound will come out of computer 1 and into the mixer. The mixer will output it to the amplifier and they can be heard on the sanctuary speakers. The mixer will also send that audio back into vMix via USB and over to Zoom via NDI. Then Zoom sends it back to the mixer and I think that would create an endless audio loop. Again, I think. Does that sound right?

Any help with this would be appreciated. I am not a church employee, I am a volunteer so I have to run over to church and experiment with this. Shortening up my research time in any way would be helpful. Thank you!
tehranstream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 2:05:05 AM(UTC)
tehranstream

Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

Hi
You can transfer both audio and video via NDI. Only after the transfer you have to control the audio input through Bus through the audio settings.
If you want more help, I can connect to you through Any desck software and make the settings
DaveCS  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 12:46:49 AM(UTC)
DaveCS

United States

Thanks! I got the NDI feed working last night and tested a Zoom meeting with family members. It did work, I got both audio and video feeds from vMix to Zoom. I am not going to use the NDI return from Zoom to vMix as it isn't necessary. I did get an audio loop as I thought I would. Weird feedback when anyone was talking. I will have to control the audio input through BUS. What I am not sure about is: Will I have to continually control audio during the meeting to prevent feedback?

Question. Were you talking about controlling the audio input from the vMix side or the Zoom side? I am going to experiment with audio on both pieces of software and see what happens. I have another week to straighten this out.
tehranstream  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 12:52:51 AM(UTC)
tehranstream

Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

You do not need to make constant changes, just activate BUS A in the settings Audio and then in the program by activating BUS A, the work is done

If you want, I can do this for you through Anydesck software

email:tehranstream@gmail.com