logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
elleye  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 6:54:15 AM(UTC)
elleye

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello all,

We have been successfully streaming to our Facebook page from vMix for quite some time. Recently we tried to stream directly to a Facebook event from vMix but did not have success. We are hoping the collective knowledge here can help. We suspect that I have something configured incorrectly as we did not see similar posts from others in the same situation on the forums.

Here is what we attempted:

We set up our event on Facebook, and indicated that we are attending the event using the guide found here:
https://www.vmix.com/kno...a-facebook-business-page

However, the event does not populate in the Location drop-down list, or in the Stream to drop-down list in the Facebook dialog properties on vMix.

We also attempted to stream to the same event using RTMP. The stream appears to be sent out as shown below (even by the indication on the FB interface running in the background, but the attendees never see the stream.

If we check the FB stream log files we have confirmation that FB has received the stream.

Yet, the video never goes live.

Thanks for your help,
Eric
elleye  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 11:51:14 AM(UTC)
elleye

United States

Hello all,

An update. I failed to include a stream title and description in the event stream settings (which is in addition to the event title and description in the event settings). Now I am able to see the event in the vMix FB settings and I am able to stream but only after starting the stream in vMix and then clicking GO LIVE on the FB event page.

So, is there a way to avoid having FB open in the background in order to press GO LIVE again?

Thanks for your help.

Eric
jaylaw64  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2021 11:44:57 PM(UTC)
jaylaw64

United States

I thought I'ld just add a little detail here as I just spent an hour or two of my morning figuring it out.

'elleye' is helpfully correct when they say "include a stream title and description". Here's how to do it:

1) Go you your Facebook Event and select "Setup Live Video".
2) In the next page find the box labeled "Add Live Video Details".
3) Fill in the Title and Description.
4) Go to the bottom left of the page and select "Save Changes".

When this complete, go back to vMix facebook settings, and the event will appear in the pulldown in addition to "New stream".

Thanks to the previous posters, I we've been posting to a separate stream instead of the event for about a month now. This will be great to go directly to the Facebook Event itself.