logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MPTESE  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 2:01:39 PM(UTC)
MPTESE

Groups: Registered
United States

CP_VIDEO-SET.jpg (65kb) downloaded 4 time(s).Hello,

Please see attached current "map" of what I'm attempting to do for a permanent set.

The "set monitors" are monitors that will be embedded into the STAGE where TALENT will exist. The cameras will record what is displays on these monitors. I plan to utilize VMIX CALL to facilitate (4) callers simultaneously. Each caller will then be transmitted to said "SET MONITORS" individually. Why not use a multiview? Because this is the aesthetic the client wants. There will be a HOST on stage that will be looking at the monitors (caller guests) and have a live discussion with them.

To my understanding, VMIX can ONLY output a maximum of (2) external sources. Is this true? If so, (2) can be sent through the OUTPUTS of the capture card. The other (2) through NDI?
Do you have a recommendation on MAGEWELL DECODERS vs BIRDDOG?
What about the type of Switch needed? Will I also need a router, or any other network device to accomplish this?
Is a 1GIGABIT card out of the PC sufficient to carry the amount of streams? I am OK with just 1080P30.
  • Should my switch have POE, managed, QOS? I am in the process of learning what this means, but I ask in case it expedites the type of purchase and helps in my research.

Will I run into any Audio/Sync issues, and if so, can VMIX handle delay/managing this (as far as syncing up what the end viewer sees as well as what my host is seeing/hearing?
Will a 3060 GPU handle what I'm attempting here, as well as STREAMING via the same device to YT and FB LIVE simultaneously? The PC will have 32GIGs of RAM
Any recommendations on the type of LCD displays? I am worried about glare, color accuracy, and general "moire" issues. I'd like to keep the cost of each monitor $800 or lower. Size, ~48" diagonally (subject to change..)

I know these questions are fragmented, but I appreciate any help. I am open to any critique or recommendations of alternate methods to accomplish my goal.

Cheers!
-Joe
lukeskope  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2021 3:28:11 AM(UTC)
lukeskope

United States

Download Newtek Connect. Turn NDI on for outputs 3 & 4. Select vMix outputs 3 & 4 in Newtek Connect for video sources, and select your capture card outputs as the destinations.

I have 2 installs using a BM Decklink capture cards, and use this setup to get all 4 External outputs out of the computer over SDI
MPTESE  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 10:30:55 AM(UTC)
MPTESE

United States

Originally Posted by: lukeskope Go to Quoted Post
Download Newtek Connect. Turn NDI on for outputs 3 & 4. Select vMix outputs 3 & 4 in Newtek Connect for video sources, and select your capture card outputs as the destinations.

I have 2 installs using a BM Decklink capture cards, and use this setup to get all 4 External outputs out of the computer over SDI

Thanks so much for the reply. Very interesting workaround! And all this can be performed on the same PC with no conflict?
lukeskope  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 12:57:20 AM(UTC)
lukeskope

United States

Yes, my main rig has 2 Black Magic Capture cards, Quad 2 8 Channel gives me 8 SDI in, Decklink Quad 2 mini gives me 4 SDI out. Using vMix external enabled with NDI turned on, and NewTek Connect I'm able to achieve a 4in/8out mix in vMix without any issues.