logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stu06  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2021 9:49:33 PM(UTC)
stu06

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Over the past few broadcasts that I have done with instant replay on our system it has functioned inconsistently. Our system seems to handle all of the marking perfectly fine along with the stingers and transitions, but then during the playback of the replay it seems to play back at half speed while the replay speed is set to 100%. This only seems to happen during the production. The next day after a system restart and me opening the replay file again it played back events at a completely normal speed. This has lead me to believe it might be a performance issue when everything is running during a broadcast. Following this last broadcast I have significantly reduced a number of things in the VMix preset to try and free up more resources for replay if this is the issue. It is worth noting that the setup is recording the replay at 60 fps and the production is at 30 fps. This is done so that we have much more room for slow motion when we do use it. If general system performance is not the issue is there any other suggestions for fixing this problem?
Juice13  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2021 11:07:49 AM(UTC)
Juice13

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm new to VMix but am having the exact same issue. Happens primarily when streaming. I get a slight hiccup here and there whenever I'm recording but not streaming. This was the biggest reason for me to go with this program and look forward to purchasing. I hope that this gets fixed though as I've seen many posts of people referencing that it might have to do with an update as it was working fine before.

My system specs are:
Ryzen 9 3900x
MOBO: X570 ASUS TUF
RAM: 32 GB
GPU: 6800xt 16GB
Drive recordings are being sent to: Sabrent 1TB NVME 4.0 (on correct MOBO slot for Gen 4 capabilities).