logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dave Cruickshank  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2021 4:56:13 AM(UTC)
Dave Cruickshank

Groups: Registered
Man
Canada

We just had a very successful 8 hour live stream in support of our local "Canadian Mental Health Association" yesterday, and there were lots of sources including 3 VMix Call's on screen at the same time (This worked flawlessly, I'm happy to report)

One of the things I had a hard time with was managing all the titles and graphics. As a Technical Director, I find I have my mind on so many things at once, I can't really focus on what's important at any given time.

My question (in regards to Titling) is this:

Is it possible to run the Data Sources manager remotely via Web Controller?

I have a P.A. who I would like to be able to handle the titles, so I created a Google Sheets Data source (so the data can be entered in bulk), attached it successfully to a Title, and I would like that P.A. to be able to manipulate the rows that are being displayed (from a different computer) and even deploy the title remotely over an overlay channel. I also have my PA deploying social media comments and titles as well.

I can see a web controller for the Titles, but not one specifically for the Data Sources. Is this a thing...? and if not, can I submit it as a feature request? This would be VERY VERY handy to take pressure off the Technical Director on the VMix PC.

Thanks in advance.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2021 5:27:20 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dave Cruickshank Go to Quoted Post

I can see a web controller for the Titles, but not one specifically for the Data Sources. Is this a thing...? and if not, can I submit it as a feature request? This would be VERY VERY handy to take pressure off the Technical Director on the VMix PC.

Thanks in advance.

Feel your pain , suggest a feature request

That being said we usually use a production specific external application to select and control the title content and activation that can be run on any none production computer on the network ( granted it does extra data manipulation / calculations etc too )

if the PA just has to change the selection (row) and overlay activation using shortcuts through the webcontroller or a streamdeck for example ,even have the data source manager on another screen
Henny  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2021 5:28:01 AM(UTC)
Henny

Man

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Different Computer same network easy, there are shortcuts, DataSourceNextRow, DataSourcePreviousRow, DataSourceSelectRow that can either be set up as shortcuts and fired through the web interface or be triggered with midi/x-keys/stream deck controllers either directly connected to vmix or remotely with 3rd party software such as central control or companion.

another way if doing it is to have your vmix title pull from a cell in the google sheet that is populated on the fly using V-lookup References from a big list.

Dave Cruickshank  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2021 6:37:21 AM(UTC)
Dave Cruickshank

Man
Canada

Originally Posted by: Henny Go to Quoted Post
Different Computer same network easy, there are shortcuts, DataSourceNextRow, DataSourcePreviousRow, DataSourceSelectRow that can either be set up as shortcuts and fired through the web interface or be triggered with midi/x-keys/stream deck controllers either directly connected to vmix or remotely with 3rd party software such as central control or companion.

another way if doing it is to have your vmix title pull from a cell in the google sheet that is populated on the fly using V-lookup References from a big list.

Cool. I'm only now (obviously) learning about some of the more advanced controls for VMix, and didn't know you could set up shortcuts over the Webcontroller.

I will look into this. Appreciate it.
Martinzo  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2024 1:48:21 AM(UTC)
Martinzo

Australia

If you're comfortable with scripting and Apollo enrichment, you can explore automation options using vMix Scripting or third-party tools like AutoHotkey. This could allow your PA to trigger actions like changing data source rows with custom commands.
While not a current functionality, submitting a feature request to vMix for remote data source management through the web controller could be valuable. You can do so through the official vMix forums: https://forums.vmix.com/...come-to-the-vMix-Forums.