logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jaa_Han  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2021 3:10:31 AM(UTC)
Jaa_Han

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey everyone,

last week we used vMix in combination with LED-Walls on a stage. Unfortunately, the wall wasn't assembled correctly, so we had to rotate the image by 90° in order to show the image the right way.
We really wished we could just rotate the External-Output by 90° and everything else stays the same. Instead, we tried "re-inputting" the output via NDI, rotate the input and then do a solo output at first, but the massive delay forced us to organize some sort of scaler-box that also does image rotation. In the end we got one with DVI-connections so we also used additional converters etc.
Of cause this isn't the fault of vMix, but a feature like that would really saved us from some unnecessary trouble. In addition I think this can also be very handy when working with projectors or TVs mounted vertical or upside down. Most of these devices already have some build in stuff to compensate for that, but not all have, sometimes it's hard to find and being able to do it just with some clicks in vMix itself would be awesome.

So I think the following options would make sense:
- Output-Flip: Dropdown-menu with "none, vertical, horizontal, both"
- Output-Rotation: Dropdown-menu with "none/0°, 90°, 180°, 270°"

Also having both options separated on the streaming, external and fullscreen output would be very useful.
I know this isn't a must-have for everyone, but very nice if you quickly need it. Also, it should be fairly easy to implement and not very resource intensive.